Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help RIM Blackberry Desktop Manager is encroached in my system

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 3d1l

3d1l

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

Hi,

Please excuse me if this is not the right sub-forum but I don't know where to post this.

I'm using Windows 7 Pro and I'm no longer using a RIM Blackberry. The problem is that I unistall the blackberry software (using the unistall option provided by the program), but then when I copy, specificly FLAC music files, to my android device (windows see the android device as a camera device with no drive letters assing), the blackberry desktop manager tries to run but since it was "unistalled" it returns an error. It tries to run up to 5 times and after that the files get copied. If I want to copy many flac files at once the blackberry desktop manager tries to run 5 times for each file.

I first check with windows device manager and found two entries for rim blackberry under ports and remove the drivers but the problem repeated. Then I use a disk search utility and found many blackberry residual garbage files and proceded to delete those as well but the problem persist. Then I use a registry utility and found many RIMBB, RIM, Blackberry residual registry entries bloating the registry and proceded to delete those as well but the problem continues. At this point you can see that the unistall tool provided by Blackberry suck because it left a lot of garbage in your system. I also tried using CCleaner but it didn't found anything related to blackberry.

So some sorft blackberry garbage leftover is still encroached in my system and since I use the unistall tool, remove the drivers and there are no files with the name RIM, RIMBB or blackbery on the disk and no more registry keys with those name can be found how do I get rid of Blackberry for once and for all????

Here you can see a screen capture of the windows with the error message:

rimbberror_zps1tpkoiwq.png

Again this only happens when I try to copy FLAC music files from my computer to the android phone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 3d1l

3d1l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hey I was able to solve the problem!!!! :bananas: :guitar:

Using the disk search utility I searched for *{BE5B0450...45b}*

And there where 3 directories with that name. I deleted those directories and now I can copy FLAC files without problems.

I wonder why comopanies are so inrresposible and don't provide unistall option that remove all their stuff from your system. Leaving a disk and registry bloated with garbage that you no longer use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users