Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The witcher 3 lag and stuttering?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 voltrex

voltrex

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:40 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hi, 

i have the game for a while now and i still can't get rid of all the bugs and poor performance. 

even on low setting i have stuttering , it is unplayable for me. 

i was wondering if all players face the same problems or have i missed a magic fix?

My rig,

AMD fx 8350,

GTX 560 Ti Sli . 

8gb ram. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 11:25 AM

Hi voltrex :)

Your main issue here is probably your graphic card (GPU). According to the "Can You Run It?" website, your GPU doesn't even meet the lowest requirements to play the game (you have a GTX 560, not a 660).

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/12446/?p=r

So if you cannot even meet the lowest requirements to play a game with your current hardware, unless replacing these components there's not a lot you can do.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 voltrex

voltrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

GTX 560 TI SLI outperform GTX 660.   

but thanks.  

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Well depending on the lag you have, I doubt a GTX 560 TI SLI outperforms a GTX 770. Did you try with something basic first, like updating your drivers to their latest version?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 voltrex

voltrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

The witcher 3 is a port from consoles with some modifications like nVidia hair which eats performance, and as such doesn't require high end system.

I have played on minimum settings but still have awful performance due to bad programming of the porting to PC. 

btw have you played the game?  do you have any lags?  

#6 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

I doubt a GTX 560 TI SLI outperforms a GTX 770

Actually, GTX 770 wreck both of GTX 560TI SLI. Even a single GTX 660TI is enough to wreck both of GTX 560TI SLI out of water.

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 18 July 2015 - 01:11 PM.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:21 PM

btw have you played the game? do you have any lags?

Never played the game, but I know a few people that have it and play it on PC and they all have GTX 760 or above.

unite_blue.png

#8 voltrex

voltrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

I don't own a GTX 770 or a 660ti .  so it is not helping me.   

i was curious about your experience with the video game called The Witcher 3,  because i highly doubt my gpu can't pull this game on minimum settings. 

Edited by voltrex, 18 July 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#9 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:31 PM

Base on your rig, your SLI 560TI is what makes your rig bottneck for real. If you are going to pair a medium/high end CPU at least pair it with medium/high end GPU to prevent bottleneck. Here is the GTX 970 perform on the Witcher 3 with ultra settings

#10 voltrex

voltrex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

A $300 video card squeeze only 40 frames per second from this game, it is telling you that the main issue with this game is the game it self. 

#11 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

A $300 video card squeeze only 40 frames per second from this game, it is telling you that the main issue with this game is the game it self. 

Disagree, if he turn off NVIDIA Hairworks settings, then his frame rate will be around 50 fps - 60 fps in some areas. But what astonishing is that is still playable on ULTRA settings, and your two GTX 560TI is what bottneck your FX 8350 performance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users