Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What the absolute bleep

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Encryption

Encryption

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:55 AM

If I run flood_router6 eth0 on my Kali machine, IT FREEZES EVERY bleep COMPUTER ON THE NETWORK, I've tested Windows 7 and Windows 8/.1 so far, and it just crashes it, seriously, wtf?? It's that easy ti disrupt an ENTIRE NETWORK, if you cant understand why im pissed off is because how easy it is to do it, and how scary it is. A fix is to disable IPv6, but who does that?

jesus lord mercy.. bleep me if someone where to run this in a bank, hospital, etc.

edit: found out it froze my android phone..

Edited by Encryption, 18 July 2015 - 08:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

umm that is what Kali is all about. Not sure why you're surprised. Computer is connected to your network, you run a flood program, and then are amazed when it works? What did you think it would do?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Encryption

Encryption
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

umm that is what Kali is all about. Not sure why you're surprised. Computer is connected to your network, you run a flood program, and then are amazed when it works? What did you think it would do?

I'm not actually that surprised, I'm overreacting ofc. But its an interesting script, it's sad to see its written in C thought.

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:06 PM

Most powerful as well as useless programs are having their base on C or its variants. That's the power of C...
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users