I am facing a rather serious while sudden problem with my brother's computer. All of a sudden it started displaying white artifacts and BSODed, then it entered a BSOD loop which I could stop only by booting in safe mode. Although, as soon as I boot in normal mode I get artifacts and BSOD again. Please note I am getting random artifacts even during BIOS post, as per pictures.
Things I tried so far:
- Checked if the GPU was still correctly installed on an hardware level (it is a GTX 580 with custom cooling and it always had a bit of a sagging problem).
- Uninstalled Nvidia Drivers (which, by the way were the latest) and reinstalled them again.
- I've read somewhere it could be due to BIOS corruption, so I updated the BIOS to the latest version but it didn't fix my problem and the BSOD cycle continues.
Now I am stuck with this BSOD (Minidump attached to the thread) which I checked with BlueScreen View and I discovered it has a Bug Check Code of 0x0000000116 and it involves dxgkrnl.sys, dxgmms1.sys and nvlddmkm.sys which tells me (no wonder) it has something to do with the VGA but leave me clueless as for the rest.
If I remove the latest Nvidia drivers the system boots regularly in normal mode BUT I retain the white artifacts.
Can any of you help me out solving this dilemma?
· OS 7 (x64)
· CPU Intel Dual Core 3Ghz
· Video Card Nvidia GTX 580
· MotherBoard Asus Rampage Formula
· Power Supply - Corsair 750W