Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Went Crazy After I Plugged In My Android

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cloud_strife95

cloud_strife95

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

So I was browsing the internet on my samsung galaxy 4 and then clicked on a link on a webpage and it tried to take me to an ad site I don't remember what it was called but before it could load I quickly backed out of the page. I scanned my phone with Avast and 360 security and both of them said I was clean.

I went into my My Files folder and found a white ps.pid file that I have never seen before. I deleted it from my phone and then factory reset my phone. I did that like 3 times heh.

And then I also booted it up in recovery mode cleared my cache partition and did a factory reset from there. And when I went into Safe Mode I found this thing called popupuireciever in my All Aplications in the application manager

Then I still wasn't convinced that my phone was clean so I connected it to my win 8.1 computer and when I opened up my phone files on the computer the ps.pid file was still there so I deleted it and the computer asked if I wanted to permenantly delete it so I did.

Then when I tried to open up Malwarebytes so I could try to scan my phone (which I now know you can't do) and it asked for the admin approval ok thing I said ok but my screen didn't load back and it stayed greyed out like when the computer asks for admin rights.

Then I unplugged my phone and it went back to my screen and then when I tried opening up Malwarebytes again and I clicked ok for the admin rights it stayed greyed out and I couldn't get back to my regular screen.

So I powered off my computer holding down the power button and when I turned it back on it took FOREVER to load and when it did it started doing some updates, when it restarted and took forever to load back again and I finally got into my account I did a system restore to two days before, thinking that I could kill anything that might have transferred onto my computer.

So I did it and once again it took forever to load back and now I'm scanning it with Malwarebytes and I ran Adware Cleaner which found nothing to clean.

What else should I do or am I okay? Also do I need to reset all my passwords?

I'm sorry if I sound paranoid. 

Also I don't have an SD card mounted

Edited by cloud_strife95, 17 July 2015 - 08:02 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 cloud_strife95

cloud_strife95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:51 PM

Now I went to buzzfeed and there was a big black v shape that for a split second appeared and then went away I don't know what's going on

#3 cloud_strife95

cloud_strife95
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

Ok so Malwarebytes came back clean it says I have zero threats

Also my desktop just refreshed itself was it because Malwarebytes was finishing??

#4 flightsim297

flightsim297

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:17 AM

We will be running some preliminary tests to see if your PC is infected or not.

1. Download Mini Toolbox and save it to your desktop. Run it, and please checkmark the following options. Note if you do use a proxy, be warned that this tool will reset your Firefox and Internet Explorer proxy settings.

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE proxy settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Setings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List WinSock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer logs
  • List installed programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users Partitions, and Memory Size
  • List Minidump Files
  • List Restore Points

Hit Go  and post the result of the file Result.txt. It should be on your desktop.

The next program we are going to run is called Security CheckDownload and save the file to your Desktop.

A command prompt window will appear when you open it.

This is NORMAL.

After this a text document will open automatically called checkup.txt at the top . Post that into your next reply. 

Windows 10 Insider

Flight Sim Enthusiast

- Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, 7, and 8.1 user

- Oh and I like helping people too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users