Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BSOD with error 0xc000021a

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pahutch13

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Thankfully I have a secondary laptop to report my issues on. 

My problem is located on my Vizio all in One PC. Model is CA 27.  I am running windows 8.  Installed from windows store.

Using microsoft security essentials.  I do not have any other antivirus program or software installed.

I received notification that updates were available and ready for installation (I have the computer notifying me when windows updates are available for installation) - all other program updates are a notification only, I believe.

So, I hit the install updates and restart pc. Once the pc initiated the restart phase, the black screen with windows logo appears, with the spinning circle.  It then shoots to a blue screen with the following message:  Your PC ran into a problem restarting.  We are collecting information for you (then the percentage bar of information collection).  Below this notification is the following BSOD errorr number:  0xc000021a. 

It then loops to Preparing Automatic Repair, Diagnosing your PC, then sends me to Blue Screen of Automatic Repair:  Your PC did not start correctly.  Press restart to restart your PC, which can somtimes fix the problem.  You can also press advnaced option to try othe roptions to repair your PC.

I hit restart and it loops back again (reread my beginning post).

I hit advanced options, I have continue, troubleshoot and turn off PC.

So when I hit continue, it loops back to my problem.  Turn off PC, well, turns it off and when I turn it back on  I still have my problem. 

Troubleshoot:  Refresh or reset your PC.  Not really interested in performing this function.

Advanced options:  System Restore.  Attempted:  I get "System restor failed while scanning the file system on the drive C:\  The drive might be corrupt, you might want to retry system restore after running chkdsk  /R on this disk.  An unspecified error occurred during system restore.  0x81000204"

I have not done command prompt and check disk.  I wouldn't know what to look for.

I can't even get the computer to boot into safe mode with networking.

I don't want to jack up the computer, losing files etc., yes, I have a backup, but that was paused for a number of reasons, now I am kicking my self. 

Please help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pahutch13

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:42 PM

I just now attempted to use the start up repair option on the advanced options tab.  Naturally, the pc couldn't be repaired.  the Log file listed is:

#3 usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,084 posts
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:28 AM

First thing to discuss here is a possible hard drive failure.

If that is the case, then each time that you use the drive (even by just turning it on), you increase the chance that the drive will completely die on you (making data recovery very expensive).  So, don't use it unless you have to.

If the hard drive is dying, then the most important task is a data backup.

There are several different ways to backup your data.

You can remove the drive and slave it to another system in order to copy the data over to a good hard drive

Or you can use a bootable operating system (such as a Live Linux distribution or other bootable programs) along with an external drive in order to copy the data to the external drive.

Then, once that's done:

Try a Refresh.  It'll leave your files alone - but may remove a few applications (but it'll tell you which one's it removed).

If the Refresh works - finish the backup immediately!!!

Beyond that, try these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

With a Win8 system you may have to disable SecureBoot and enable CSM/legacy booting in order to boot to the disks.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users