Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connection and Wifi / speed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

Ok I hook up my laptop to my modem with an Ethernet cable and then when I use wifi I use an Ethernet cable between the modem and the router correct ?

So whats wrong with that setup; what else could I use then Ethernet and why and would it be better and would I notice it being better ?    A friend mentioned something called " Network " then he dropped it when it couldn t explain it so am I missing something ?

Also when I use the modem my ISP speed is 58 gigs; just love that but then when I want to move about with the lap top I use a netgear  N600 and I get a huge over the top drop in speed down to 26 gigs !

Is that normal; do I need a better router to get better in sync with my Arris Modem or what ?      Can I speed up my router and if so how ? !      Just got a router this past week and was shocked at the huge speed drop off; using a router for the 1st time now to get mobile now and then .

Thanks for the help  .  .  .

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2015 - 06:37 PM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Networking - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users