Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit - New PC] Random Freezing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SymbioteYT

SymbioteYT

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

sad-challenge-failed.jpg

I'm very new to these forums and often don't go online for help, so allow me to introduce myself. Hello! My name is Cody, otherwise known as Symbiote. I've recently built a new gaming PC with two paychecks of mine on Tuesday, once I received all of the parts. Everything was going smoothly until I received a computer freeze-up, which startled me at first. These freezes have continued to happen during file transfers, opening of games, while I was playing a game, during Windows updates, even when the PC was in the, "shut down and install updates" mode (where it's just the blue Windows 7 screen telling you the update process)

I've done a number of things I figured may troubleshoot the problem, but I have yet to find success. HERE ARE SOME THINGS I'VE TRIED:

- Installed 240+ necessary Windows updates

- Reinstalled NVIDIA graphic/sound drivers

- Reinstalled AMD drivers with the new Catalyst Control Center (after the motherboard drivers were reinstalled)

- Reinstalled all of the drivers from the motherboard disk

- Ran MSI Afterburner, there was no problems

- Ran FurMark, there was no problems

- Adjusted the GPU fans to go faster

- Installed CCleaner and cleaned the registry after all reinstalls

- Updated drivers from TweakBit

- Checked for any issues with Microsoft Security Essentials

- Tested the RAM sticks, they work just fine

- Checked my PSU wattage, it works just fine

- Turned off the SLI bridge between the two video cards

I believe it's worth mentioning that I ran my PC in Safe Mode w/ Networking for about 7 hours and 34 minutes straight with all my programs opened that I could and a 10 hour long YouTube video running, there was no problems. I believe the problem to be a driver issue, as I'm sure if it was a hardware issue, the problem would've still occurred in Safe Mode. This is not a problem of wattage or stress on the computer, I've confirmed that with tests on my computer rig.

HERE ARE MY COMPUTER SPECIFICATIONS:

- Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64 Bit, Service Pack 1

CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R (Red)

AMD FX-9590 Vishera 8-Core 4.7GHz Socket AM3+ 220W FD9590FHHKWOF Desktop Processor - Black Edition

- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (2 cards, SLI bridged)

CORSAIR HX Series HX1050 1050W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 8 x SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

- x3 140mm (unspecified, bought with case)

- x1 200mm (unspecified, bought with case)

- x1 120mm (unspecified, bought with case)

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan

LITE-ON DVD Burner SATA Model iHAS124-14 - OEM

Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Western Digital Red NAS Hard Drive WD20EFRX 2TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

EDIMAX EW-7811Un N150 USB 2.0 Wireless nano Adapter

Phanteks “ Enthoo Pro Series “ PH-ES614P_BK Black Steel / Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

- Afterglow Kral PS4 Wireless Headset

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a post below. Any support is greatly appreciated. :-) I'm a YouTuber and would be happy to get back to what I enjoy doing as soon as possible!

My Skype: ipenumbra
(Feel free to add me for quick conversations!)

Thank you!

Other Forum Thread: http://www.pctechbytes.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48152-windows-7-ultimate-64bit-sp1-new-pc-random-freezing/

Edited by SymbioteYT, 18 July 2015 - 12:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

So, let's start by looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you're not experiencing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

If we're looking for Event 41 errors, here's some info about them:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 SymbioteYT

SymbioteYT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

So, let's start by looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you're not experiencing BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

If we're looking for Event 41 errors, here's some info about them:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

1.) SYSNATIVE BSoD DUMP + SYSTEM FILE COLLECTION APP + PERFMON: http://www.filedropper.com/sysnativefilecollectionappperfmon

2.) Here is the file, I included a folder that was made on my Desktop too when I saved "Admin.evtx" but it might be useless. I included the folder just in case. Here is the link: http://www.filedropper.com/adminevtx

Monitoring my temperatures won't be necessary, I've already done a few tests and have concluded that this isn't a problem with stress on the hardware.

PERSONAL UPDATE 1:

My roommate pinpointed a problem when he went to run Safe Mode with the video cards enabled, something labeled "ms" kept giving him BSoD's when ever he tried to start the computer up. Therefore, he was forced to reinstall Windows 7 onto the PC (there is still a Windows.old folder in existence on the first drive where the OS is installed.) Since he has done this, I've installed Google Chrome, Skype, SP1 and REALTEK audio drivers. The reason for the audio drivers is because I received the following error report when I first logged onto Windows, and I Google'd that the culprit of the problem was outdated audio drivers. Feel free to do some research or let me know if this report has nothing to do with such. Keep in mind, I'm still dealing with computer freezes, there have been no BSoD's happening in normal mode since the reinstall, I'm unsure of the Safe Mode technique.

Spoiler
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: d4
  BCP1: FFFFF88005D930C0
  BCP2: 0000000000000002
  BCP3: 0000000000000001
  BCP4: FFFFF800020F60BF
  OS Version: 6_1_7600
  Service Pack: 0_0
  Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\071815-40466-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Symbiote\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-44538-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Also, we tried using an old version of Skype under the suspicion that the new version of Skype could cause freezing. Nothing changed.

I burned SeaTools to a disk and booted from the disk but it couldn't detect any hard drives, even though I've used my C drive for the OS and personal files and the D drive for all of my games?

Edited by SymbioteYT, 18 July 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#4 SymbioteYT

SymbioteYT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

PERSONAL UPDATE 2:

Here are the crash reports from a program I just used called "WhoCrashed", but it's not recording my recent crashes. The crashes it reported are from the BSoD, which is not the original problem:

Spoiler

Post Taken From: http://www.pctechbytes.com/forums/index.php?/topic/48152-windows-7-ultimate-64bit-sp1-new-pc-computer-freezeslocks-up-randomly/

Edited by SymbioteYT, 18 July 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 AM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Please post back once you've obtained a legitimate copy of Windows.

It's against the forum rules to assist with pirated software.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users