Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win Server 2003 R2 SP2 32bit Internet Connection sharing Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sgtBlueBird

sgtBlueBird

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:24 AM

I've been struggling all week and can't seem to get the ICS, ccProxy or any other method to get internet to the domain to work. banghead.gif
I've created a new domain on the server of an underprivileged school so that each student can log in to their own user at any PC. The internet coming from the school server goes into the IT lab server and then should go to the class through another network card. Before I added the domain the Educator used ccProxy to give internet access to students but it doesn't seem to work now.
ICS gives me the error: "An Error occurred while internet sharing was being enabled. Internet sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing."
After a lot of struggling and research, I believe that it might be that the School server giving the internet is the problem. Unfortunately I can't change anything on the school network only on the PC lab(class) network and server.
Can anyone help with either fixing this problem or ccProxy or any other way to give the PCs internet access on the domain so that the students can use it again? 4-dontknow.gif

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address that is required for automatic IP addressing.

This means one of the NICs in the system is configured with a static IP that is the same as the IP address specified for the LAN side interface.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Cc957077.aspx

You must use two different static IP addresses on your system, one for each NIC.

Internet -> WAN side NIC *ICS SERVER* LAN Side NIC -> Lab PCs

What is your current IP configuration for the network(s)?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

ICS isn't recommended for server RRAS is.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/managing-routing-and-remote-access-in-windows-server-2003/5089192/

You can not have the same ip subnet on each nic.  You set the wan nic to use the schools ip and you set your lan nic to a different subnet.

#4 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

I came here to say what ^^ those two people ^^ said.  Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users