Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to connect to Internet after trying to remove adware

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kanashii

kanashii

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

My computer had been working fine until today, and then randomly while I was browsing the internet a bunch of ads that should not have been there kept popping up. I immediately thought crap, malware. Not sure how I got it, i'm usually pretty good about not letting this kind of stuff happen. So I ran computer in safe mode and ran a bunch of malware scans. Malwarebytes, Kaspersky tdsskiller, rkill,hit man pro and then finally adwcleaner.

After I ran adwcleaner, it rebooted my PC and since then I have not been able to connect to the internet. I searched for the problem, and did find some thing on it but to no avail.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518464/ran-adwcleaner-now-cant-access-internet/

I found this thread concerning my problem and tried to type "netsh winsock reset"
into the cmd. I got an error message that says
"Initialization Funcnation InitHelperDll in NSHHTTP.DLL failed to start with error code 10107
The requested operation requires elevation <Run as administrator>"

Please help! I work from home and need internet access. Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 17 July 2015 - 06:44 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:30 AM

G'day kanashii, and Welcome to BC.

Go to Start ... type in cmd  , then right click on cmd, and select "Run As Administrator'....

A dos Window will appear.

Type in the dos window:      netsh winsock reset

Click on the enter key.

Reboot your system to complete the process.

If needed : type (or copy and paste)  these one line at a time, press enter after each line.      See if it works after each.

netsh interface ipv4 reset
netsh interface ipv6 reset
ipconfig /flushdns

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 kanashii

kanashii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

Thank you so much for the quick reply! It worked. Unfortunately the adware is still there though. :(

#4 kanashii

kanashii
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

I'm not entirely sure how I got the malware, but I suspect it may have been from a link that someone's who's Skype account was hacked that they sent me. I mean, this wasn't happening before. I use Windows 7 btw. When I open up chrome or Firefox and try to use it all kinds of weird ads and pop ups come up, and also words on pages will be highlighted that go to other ads. Very annoying. Most of the ads say "ads by startrevapp" or "ads by allsaver"

After running all those programs I'm not too sure what else I can do, I've never had this problem and I can't find anything about those ads

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

Check in 'programs and Features' to see if "allsaver"  or "startrevapp" are shown there....if so uninstall them

Run AdwCleaner again ::

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
    Click on the Scan button.
    AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
    After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
    The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
    Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
    A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Run Avast Browser Clean up....http://malwarefixes.com/avast-browser-cleanup-free-scanner-download/

You do not need to install the program. This portable scanner will run automatically once you double-click on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.

3. When run, Avast Browser Cleanup performs a test on the browser. If unwanted entries were found, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup browser.’ You may remove all or delete one entry at a time.

avastcleanup-deltahomes.png

4. Avast Browser Cleanup will confirm before it permanently deletes the add-on. Please click Yes to proceed with the removal of AllSaver on the affected browser.

Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings

Resetting Google Chrome to default settings is helpful in deleting hard-to-remove extension such as from AllSaver. This method is highly advisable to perform if you have difficulty in removing unwanted extension.

1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.

2. Click on the Menu (three-bar icon) located on the upper right side corner of the browser.

3. From the pull-down menu, click on Settings.

Chrome_Settings.png

4. Once your are on chrome://settings/ tab, click on ‘Show advanced settings…‘ at the bottom of the window.

5. Navigate to the bottom of the page and click on Reset browser settings button.

6. Close the existing tab and restart Google Chrome. That should have removed AllSaver extension.

Reset Mozilla Firefox to Default

This section describes how to remove unwanted extension from Firefox that may be related to AllSaver.. This process can fix many browser issues by restoring Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and Internet cookies) on the browser. If you desire to remove only specific extension, please see manual removal of add-on from Firefox.

1. Navigate to Firefox menu at the top of the browser and access the Help area. Click on Troubleshooting Information.

2. A new tab will appear. You will notice a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Give Firefox a tuneup. Click the Refresh Firefox button.

reset-firefox.png

3. If confirmation window appears, click Refresh Firefox to continue.

4. Firefox browser will close and start the resetting process. When done, it will display a list of restored data. AllSaver should be gone by now. Click Finish to open a fresh version of Firefox.

ESET Online Scanner....This scan can take hours to run...

Go here to run an online scannner from ESET. Windows Vista/Windows 7 users will need to right click on their Internet Explorer shortcut, and select Run as Administrator

Note: For browsers other than Internet Explorer, you will be prompted to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on the link and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open. Follow the prompts.
    Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
    Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
    Click Start
    When asked, allow the activex control to install
    Click Start
    Make sure that the option Remove found threats is ticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
    Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
    Click Scan
    Wait for the scan to finish
    When the scan is done, if it shows a screen that says "Threats found!", then click "List of found threats", and then click "Export to text file..."
    Save that text file on your desktop. Copy and paste the contents of that log as a reply to this topic.
    Close the ESET online scan, and let me know how things are now.

Edited by Condobloke, 17 July 2015 - 07:43 AM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users