Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After removing kb3000850 Win 8.1 does not boot up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 uncertainsmile

uncertainsmile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:21 AM

I had a problem with the store and the majority of apps and somewhere I have read that removing kb3000850 would solve it.

After removing it, my acer laptop does not boot up any longer. After a brief ACER screen it all becomes black. I cannot even reach the safe mode.

I am stuck.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,400 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:49 AM

Please...provide some details on your "problem" which led to your fooling around with the system.

Have you run a diagnostic on your hard drive?

Louis

#3 uncertainsmile

uncertainsmile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

all of a sudden the store stopped opening and most of the apps got corrupted (round X at the bottom right of the icon).

The store did not open, it just flashed and shut itself down. I have spent a week doing non-intrusive stuff and check values etc with no luck.

I have found a forum thread where someone suggested to remove the KB3000850 and reading that the update (that I installed around may) created many problems to many people, I assumed there was no harm in uninstalling it.

After uninstalling it Windows does not boot any more. I did the diagnostic on the hard drive and the memory is ok but it is written that there are hardware problems.

What the situation is at the moment is that by pressing f11 and f8 I can access the choice of Safe mode (network and command prompt -and the rest of options) but anything I choose gives me a blank screen where I only see the mouse cursor and safe mode on the corners when I hover. I do not get to access command prompt.

Rebooting the system in normal mode gives me the said black screen with no chance to click on anything.

I have also tried to connect it to an external video screen but it displays whatever I see on the screen (the cursor in safe mode or that there is no signal if I enter Win).

Is there anything i can do or I only have to take out my data and throw it away?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users