Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 updates and corrupted files

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

This is my first post so be easy on me. I am 72 and have been a computer user since the Atari days. I have used all versions of Windows since then and have managed to resolve most problems. Since Windows 8 and 8.1 I spend almost as much time trying to maintain Windows as I do using the computer. I have several corrupted files and have been unable to repair them. I was going to hold out until Windows 10, hoping that it's installation would resolve all issues, but decided I'd better enter the process with a functional 8.1. The corruptions don't seem to effect my programs except for IE 11, which is such a nightmare that have limited my browsing.

Here are the results of Speccy, SFC and DISM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/zVo2sayXO4huSYgXGD6bLmt

SFC:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96fa85ab52284ba0!3308&authkey=!AIiuUm5qZyf0NyQ&ithint=file%2clog

DISM

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96fa85ab52284ba0!3307&authkey=!AF3zCpIjwwjphQQ&ithint=file%2clog

TIA and I will be patiently waiting with baited breath to be rid of my Windows 8.1 gremlims

Brer Rabbit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

If you want you can uninstall KB3022345 update and again execute   DISM  /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command. Read more about the KB3022345 Windows update from below URL link.

Microsoft confirms patch KB 3022345 breaks SFC /scannow

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2926179/microsoft-windows/microsoft-confirms-patch-kb-3022345-breaks-sfc-scannow.html

2GvnEq2.gif

#3 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try tonight. Its past my bed time, but I will delete the update and run the SFC and DISM tomorrow morning.

BR

#4 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for the help--I uninstalled the offending Up-date and restarted the computer. This morning I ran Avast's Boot time scan. Novirises were detected but it gave the following message:

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\mpam-3342c8a2.exe|>mvpavbase.vdm Error42127 {CABarchive is corrupted.}

Next I ran SFC /scan now it seemed to have worked but did not detect the above corrupted file, not the corruption found in the DISM scan log.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=96fa85ab52284ba0!3307&authkey=!AF3zCpIjwwjphQQ&ithint=file%2clog

So now what do I need to do.

Thanks 

BR

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:02 PM

System File Checker (SFC.exe)  command only repair Windows File Systems there is no Windows File System in temporary directory as above directory path indicate where corrupted file is located. Download latest Windows Defender definition updates see it will resolve the problem.

Edited by FreeBooter, 17 July 2015 - 09:22 PM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#6 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

BR,

Find & delete this file and run Malwarebytes

C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\mpam-3342c8a2.exe|>mvpavbase.vdm Error42127 {CABarchive is corrupted.}

#7 Brer Rabbit

Brer Rabbit
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:39 PM

I want to thank both of you for your timely assistance. At this time all seem to back to normal--if 8.1 can ever be considered normal. I only hope that 10 will smooth out the rough edges left by 8&8.1.

Have a great day or night where ever you are and Happy Computing.

BR

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Your very welcome, nice to know your Windows OS problem has been resolved. :thumbsup2:

Edited by FreeBooter, 17 July 2015 - 11:00 PM.

2GvnEq2.gif

#9 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:06 AM

You're welcome, BR, glad to know things seem ok, now.

I assure you, if you feel like that w/ 8.1 sometimes, likely, you will very much like Win10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users