Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - Kernel Data Inpage Error (W7)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Errors4l

Errors4l

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hello,

For a while now, my computer has been crashing at (seemingly) random times. Sometimes I can do a day without crashing, other times I get the BSOD twice within an hour and at other times I get the BSOD during the Windows startup logo. The crash seems to occur more frequently while running more demanding programs (such as video games) than using something like Chrome to browse the internet.

Almost every BSOD, the error code is 0x7a (Kernel Data Inpage Error), but at times I've also gotten the 0x7b error.

I've attached the two required zip files, and here's my computer details:

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?
Windows 7 (Ultimate)

· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
x64
· What was original installed OS on system?
I had already re-installed Windows a time before (over a year before encounting this problem), I think both installations were Windows 7 Ultimate, although the first may have been Windows 7 Home Premium.

· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
The OS I used to run on my HDD (before buying my SSD) was pre-installed, all OS'es I installed on the SSD are from a DVD.

· Age of system (hardware)
My motherboard, CPU, and Graphics Card are a little over half a year old. My memory is between half a year and a year old. My SSD (with OS on it) is nearly two years old and my HDD (extra data space) is a little over two years old.
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?
I have re-installed my OS the same day I wrote this post. I had the problem before re-installing Windows and still have it now.
· CPU

Intel i7-4790k (not OC'd)
· Video Card
GTX 970 (Single card)

· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop)

MS-7916 (MSI Z97 GAMING 7)
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop)
Cooler Master V1000
· System Manufacturer
- Built my own PC buying individual parts.
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom)
?

· Laptop or Desktop?
Desktop

· Storage
SSD (OS) - Samsung 840 EVO (250GB)
HDD (Data) - Seagate ST3000DM001(-1CH166)

Some more details:
I came across this page here: 
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553812/kernel-data-inpage-error-win-81/
As suggested, I scanned both my drives using SeaTools for Windows with a Short Generic Test; they both passed with no issues.

I had already run CHKDSK on both drives before re-installing my OS (with /f /r), neither of the two had any issues.

Minidump zipped: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ekh37uzidfwsm83/071715-8814-01.zip

I hope someone out here will be able to help, as I'm starting to go insane from this all. If I need to provide more details, please let me know. I'll perform Step 6. of the posting instructions after posting this. (Edit: after looking into these steps, they're pretty time consuming. I won't be able to do this straight away)

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files

Edited by Errors4l, 16 July 2015 - 06:23 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

Greetings :).

Is your SSD almost getting to its free space limit?

#3 Errors4l

Errors4l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Not at all. I had about 70 of my usable 232GB free before re-installing Windows. Right now all I have on it is a clean install of Windows, along with some basic programs (Chrome, Skype, MSE, Nvidia Drivers) and have 191GB remaining.

#4 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Alright. The reason why I asked is because I use to have crashes with Windows, due to my 256GB SSD that was almost reaching its space limit.

Do you still have that problem?

#5 Errors4l

Errors4l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:15 AM

As far as I remember my SSD has always had at least 20GB of free space remaining, and had around 70GB remaining when the crashing started.

So yes, I'm pretty sure my blue screens aren't caused by my SSD being (nearly) full.

#6 TinoNgombo

TinoNgombo

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

Ok. Are the video card drivers up to date?

#7 Errors4l

Errors4l
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

Yeah, I installed and let it fully update my Nvidia drivers.

#8 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 05:56 AM

BSOD seems to point at a hardware failure (disk hardware).

I'd strongly suggest that you obtain a legitimate copy of Windows before reposting for assistance here.

Forum rules prohibit helping with pirated versions of Windows.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users