Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cpes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Special_k

Special_k

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:56 PM

Hi I came  in here due to a program i noticed running in the background of a PC ( LAPTOP) I agreed to save files on, first the keyboard is malfunctioning and the computer gets way hot it is a Sony Vaio Home Windows 7 OA It has Dual Core 2.10ghz, 4 mgs ram Sp1 installed.
I noticed the Cpes launcher while in regular Windows. This laptop keyboard is malfunctioning so I have attached a USB keyboard. If anyone is availible, I would appreciate help before i try to network it to my pc to copy very important family photos. May I note this is not my laptop and I posted this someplace in the forums and was advised to move here by usasma

I can boot into Laptop under Windows 7 safe mode and normal boot, however the keyboard on the laptop isnt working right and therefore I have attached an external usb keyboard. I am trying to drag and drop photos/videos to flash drive however the onboard keyboard is attempting to act as tho the shift key is stuck and i end up dragging all the folders of photos which is too much for one flash drive to hold so it becomes unsuccessful. There are times like now when its ok. and i have found more than one virus so far, which makes me think this whole problem is virus related which makes file transfers not a good thing.i uninstalled the TWO!! yes i said two anti virus software programs and am currently running avg and cccleaner. I am also in safe mode and since the usb keyboard is working without a stuck shift ( without usb keyboard hooked up) it automatically refuses F8 command and sticky keys or toggle keys prompts come up.

I know one virus i found was a trojan and i figure it also effected the registry too, I would like to resolve this if anyone feels like helping me to do so before i have to wipe this system and reinstall.The mere fact that there could/are viruses would prevent the laptop owner from taking these drives to a public computer to print photos.
Thank you again, looking forward to the puzzle

I have currently installed AVG and CCleaner as well have utilized Trend Micro House Call before coming here. Sometimes this keyboard on the laptop works fabulous and other times I must restart this computer several times before I can even utilize the USb board. I have filled two flash drives with photos and videos which is the primary goal for the computer owner, and there are tons more photos and videos. I just feel as tho this is still virus related and Since one was a Trojan I know it can be reinfecting the system.
Thank you very much for your assistance

Edited by Special_k, 16 July 2015 - 05:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Get a larger flash drive to drag the files to. Or a HDD.

Once you have completed that step then scan them using a different computer for malware. But I doubt you will find any.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users