Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this possible [!?]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TiredOfProblems

TiredOfProblems

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:37 PM

My FrontPanel Headphone jack is now broken. (easy to repair at home?)
Now i have to plug my headphone jack in the Speaker out jack on the backside = This results in Lower volume quality and loss of soundquality (!?)
Is there anyway i can do connector Retaskingg so that the ''Speaker out'' acts like the headphone jack? with same volume and quality?
The volume on the backpanel compared to frontpanel sounds like 20 percentage lower in volume and i have everything on 100%

I have alienware x51. windows 7. realtek
.11748650_726572964110644_1199314929_n.jp

Edited by hamluis, 16 July 2015 - 05:38 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

Do you have the realtek HD audio manager? If so on the right there is normally a set of circle icons.  By having that open and plugging in the headset it should allow you to retask it.  Also you can just reassign it by right clicking on the one you plug it into. Then telling it what it is. 

#3 TiredOfProblems

TiredOfProblems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

I have realtek hd on the computer. But i can't find the Manager nowhere even if it's installed.
All i can find is this on my alienware computer. Through here i can't right click anything....

11752276_856269111127692_1218809194_o.jp

#4 TiredOfProblems

TiredOfProblems
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

I have re-installed Realtek Hd audio aswell.. but there is no Manager..

#5 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

Oh gotcha, I wish I could read your picture! I am not sure I have never used the alien ware one. 

#6 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 01:17 PM

TRY THIS LINK, it sounds a lot like your problem.  Also try this extra link.

Okay, the diagram is part of an installation manual, with a picture of your computer sound jacks.  You're supposed to have plugs which match in color, and then on your woofer you match the colors, too for speaker hookup.  If you don't have those speakers and the woofer, the diagram is useless.  The blue is for microphone, the green is line-out (so maybe use that one).  The pink, I don't know.

Do you have any other audio source on your machine besides Realtek?  Or do you have a webcam you can plug in and use?  I ask, because I had the same problem in Win7 with my Dell machines (Alienware is part of Dell), except for the bad out jack: Realtek doesn't work well until there is another audio source.  I found out that when I plugged in a Creative Soundblaster usb audiocard, suddenly there were two options and I finally got the Realtek Manager to configure in Personalize Sounds.  So after that, I plugged in a Logitech webcam and removed the Creative, so there are always two audio sources.  Now Realtek works.

But I still don't know if that will solve your speaker out problem.  For that, I just used a audio splitter (sorry, I don't know its name in German).

Edited by brainout, 17 July 2015 - 01:35 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users