Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Strange issue with video card.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Savvy6

Savvy6

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:16 PM

Hello everyone,

Been having a video card issue with a GTX 750.  Sometimes the card boots up, other times the card does not.  I'll get the black screen with the Digital/Analog box, followed by the Check Signal Cables box sometimes, othertimes it just gives me a black screen with no windows floating around.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting cables, blowing the dust out and reattaching the card to no avail most the time (like I said, sometimes it does work)

I reverted back to an old 9500GT card I had laying around and it works just fine so I'm wondering if it's the video card (which would make sense) but I'm just curious if anyone else has had similar issues and knows something.

The PC is quite old, which may be another factor.

Windows 7 64x

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

8192MB RAM

600W PSU 

ASUS m3n78-em MOBO

Edited by Savvy6, 16 July 2015 - 04:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hi Savvy, 

Please let us know what you are having struggles with.  Be as detailed as you can, and tell us what kind of machine you have.  

#3 Savvy6

Savvy6
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Also, with the GTX 750, the cable from the video card to the monitor, one end had a DVI attachment while the other end did not, using the 9500GT both ends are VGA. I'll have to try using new DVI ports/cable and see if that fixes the problem.

#4 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

It is possible the monitor could be having an issue.  That's where if you have another cable it would be the best way to tell.  If it isn't the cable I would start an RMA ticket for 750. 

#5 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

Before you RMA it, I'd update your motherboards BIOS. Some of the newer GPUs have small compatibility issues with older boards causing them to act weird and do things like that. 

Edited by SEANIA, 16 July 2015 - 08:09 PM.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users