Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My LG G3 is Frozen When I Attempt to Restore It

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Encryption

Encryption

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Okay, so I've recently rooted my phone and that went all fine, but then I installed some odd app, after that I restarted my phone and it would never start, it was stuck on a screen saying: "LG Life's Good", the default screen when starting the phone. And I attempted to restore the phone, but its just on the same screen not doing anything  :( Help??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

what is this "app"? can you enter recovery mode? you can find out how to do so here, and then try wiping the cache partition, and reboot...If that doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset through recovery mode...As your carrier will not accept it as it is rooted, another option is to try an update android to latest version, removing root capability.

they call me te java mayster

#3 Encryption

Encryption
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

what is this "app"? can you enter recovery mode? you can find out how to do so here, and then try wiping the cache partition, and reboot...If that doesn't work you may have to do a factory reset through recovery mode...As your carrier will not accept it as it is rooted, another option is to try an update android to latest version, removing root capability.

I have entered recovery mode and I've attempted to fix it that way, but it is still locked in the screen forever. I was updated to the latest version. Another suggestion?

#4 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

well, If it won't work well than I can only suggest a factory reset as recovery mode should of worked....Is everything backed up on google (like progress contacts)?

Also, can you please tell me this app? The phone has a possibility of being bricked, but this shouldn't happen as the rooting process went smoothly

#5 Encryption

Encryption
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:20 PM

well, If it won't work well than I can only suggest a factory reset as recovery mode should of worked....Is everything backed up on google (like progress contacts)?

Also, can you please tell me this app? The phone has a possibility of being bricked, but this shouldn't happen as the rooting process went smoothly

I believe dSploit. I was on a download spree, like a newb. If its bricked, no chance of fix? Nothing is backed up.

Edited by Encryption, 16 July 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#6 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:25 PM

ahh...depends on what type of brick you mean...I believe it may be soft bricked which isn't as bad as hard brick (hard brick makes your phone a brick, an expensive one) can you put the usb cable into your computer seeing if the driver works? You can try backing up your files through an ADB shell. (I don't trust Dsploit as I don't like penetration apps, sorry if that sounded weird) Can you enter download or safe mode?

Edited by awesomecooldude101, 16 July 2015 - 10:26 PM.

#7 Encryption

Encryption
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

ahh...depends on what type of brick you mean...I believe it may be soft bricked which isn't as bad as hard brick (hard brick makes your phone a brick, an expensive one) can you put the usb cable into your computer seeing if the driver works? You can try backing up your files through an ADB shell. (I don't trust Dsploit as I don't like penetration apps, sorry if that sounded weird) Can you enter download or safe mode?

I can enter download mode, but recovery mode doesn't help me since it just doesn't work at all.

#8 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

does the USB driver work? If so backup data from your pc. I read numerous topics and they say that there is no hope, sorry mate...The only thing I can suggest is to reset your phone to factory settings...as because it is rooted you can't get a repair and then restore the data through PC

#9 NatalieGreen

NatalieGreen

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

I think you should hard reset your phone.

There is slight possibility that your phone is bricked.

Try rooting again if possible.

#10 Encryption

Encryption
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

I think you should hard reset your phone.

There is slight possibility that your phone is bricked.

Try rooting again if possible.

Can you provide some sources on how to hard reset?

#11 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

this is how to hard reset your lg

1. Back up all data on the internal memory.
  2. Turn off the device.
  3. Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys on the back of the device.
  4. When the LG logo appears, release and then re-hold the Power key while continuing to hold the Volume downkey.
  5. The Factory data reset screen appears.
  6. Press the Volume down key to advance the cursor until Yes is selected.
  7. Press the Power key to confirm.
  8. The Erase all user data and restore default settings screen appears.
  9. Press the Volume down key until Yes is selected.
  10. Press the Power key to confirm.
  11. The device restarts. Wait until the process is finished.
  12. Your device is now reset to its original factory settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users