Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

From last installed to random applications removed

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 neotropic

neotropic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

Now, I know the first thing people scream is "VIRUS". OI have reformatted, deleted partitions the whole deal, 4 times so far. Everytime after a certain period after a fresh nstall, when I shut my comp down or log off my user account and lo back in, it does all of the following. Often random, one or the other or all at once.

1. Changes my date and time.
2. Changes time zones
3. Removes last installed programs.
4. Duplicates shirtcuts of last installed programs (like 20+ times)

Today was the wosrt, I was having problems getting UniServer running (local php enviornment) yesterday. Installed XAMPP. Got that running. moved ALL my work files into that folder. Today it is all gone. Because it was a new app install, it removed everything in that folder, even all my work files. Which I luckily have backed up.

I have and use a lot or protection. Avira, Malwarebytes and even CCCleaner. Those are not removed.

Oh, I am not done.

6. It somtimes removes important user files.

7. Seen it had removed files from C://Windows, program Files, and entire folders in my user folder.

8. Updates are removed and always have to re-install those. Constantly, meaning it happens everytime anything above happens.

And again, this all only happens when the folloing is done.

I log off my computer, come back next day.
I shut down my computer.

The computer also does the whol BSOD when I try and put it asleep and then try and wake it up. This was happening way before all the above started. So I never put it asleep.

I can not turn my computer off or put it asleep at night.

This is the best part of it all.

Yesterday, when I came into work... I was in the BIOS.
When Friday it was all fine, running the desktop. I also live her, so when the poer goes out. I have to frantically get in here to turn my computer back on, because leaving it off overnight only means truble the next day,

I say someting in the computer is failing. HD or soemthing. No one here knows what to do, nor bothering helping with a fix.

It is time consuming, delays me and inhibits work flow.

Anone have any suggestions.
And please do not say "RUN VIRUS BLAH BLAH BLAH".
Because it is not. Because it is NOT anything that can be found, if it even is. And after 4 fresh installs, doubt it would still be there. As well as deleting and reformatting partitions.

Tired of heearing the same generic thing people say. "Run BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

It sounds like you may have a hard drive problem.  If you have reinstalled a fresh copy a few times, then I would say it is probably hard drive related.  

#3 neotropic

neotropic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

It sounds like you may have a hard drive problem.  If you have reinstalled a fresh copy a few times, then I would say it is probably hard drive related.  

That was my very, very first instict.
But people here are like, nah... its something else. And I am like, what then?
Was debating on just picking one up, andreplacing it myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users