I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have an HP notebook, 655 I believe. I am trying to fix it for a friend. She has been having a problem getting online since updating to windows 8.1. (64 bit)
I have tried the fixes here: http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/10/how-to-fix-limited...
The first command returns resetting failed. Access denied.
I went into netsh.exe and gave my user not trustedinstaller ownership. and then gave all users full control. Still same result. I have also tried the other fixes on that site.
I also updated the wi fi adapter to the newest driver from HP website.
Qualcom athereos ar9485 802.11b/g/n is the adapter.
I can provide any other information needed.
I also cannot even use a cat6 cable to get connection