Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xtra PC Flashdrive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ocean77

ocean77

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

Not sure if this is the correct Forum to post in, but the video I watched mentioned Linux this is why I am posting here. I was wondering if anyone has heard or used Xtra PC Flashdrive. I am posting the article that came to me on FB. Thank you!         http://www.xtra-pc.com/

Edited by ocean77, 16 July 2015 - 07:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 6,705 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:57 AM

Hi,

Someone mentioned it here recently. It's a reasonable deal IMO for people who want the support, but the concept is nothing new as most Linux distros can be installed to a USB stick and used on other computers.

That's what they don't advertise.

Installation to a USB is much the same as installation to an internal drive, it's just a matter of selecting the USB rather than the internal drive during installation.

EDIT: here's the thread:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581672/xtra-pc/

Edited by Al1000, 16 July 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 11,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

It's a reasonable deal IMO for people who want the support, but the concept is nothing new as most Linux distros can be installed to a USB stick and used on other computers.

I agree.

#4 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,268 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

i was the one who posted about it in an earlier topic. i had just seen the ad for it on TV and was commenting on how they could get away with  charging 20 bucks for a Linux loaded flash drive- they do say on their website that is is their own distro of linux and that it is not some version of Puppy Linux or something similar. i would like to take a look at it,but I am not paying 20 bucks for it when I can load linux on a flash drive for free-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users