Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Input

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 08:11 PM

i was taking off the monitor plug to my computer case and the one thing came off. theres a picture that follows, but how do i fix it lol.

thanks

oh and if you cant directly put in pictures, i am very sorry in advance and i will take off the IMG thing and just put in a regular URL to the picture. Thanks Bleeping Computer Staff.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 12:34 AM

It appears the nut that hold the socket in place has came off with the plug. I believe that is a 1\4" or 3\16" socket or nut driver that you will need to screw it back on. If you have red or blue Locke TiteŽ, place a drop on the screw before replacing it. Oh yeah. Remove it from the socket first :thumbsup:

Edited by acklan, 11 July 2006 - 12:39 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

If it is one of the posts that is just press fitted into the video connector and it actually broke off, you usually can't fix it without replacing the video connector. If that is the case then just take the broken post off the screw and reconnect the plug to the connector using just the screw that has the good post to hold the plug in. The plugs usually fit tight enough that you can get away without even screwing them in unless you're moving the case around or doing other wiring work right next to the video connector, so if necessary one screw should be fine.

#4 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 04:40 PM

I don't think it is really that bad of a problem as long as you don't tangle you feet in the wires often... All my connectors are just pushed in... I don't screw them in and have never had the wire come out...

#5 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

It appears the nut that hold the socket in place has came off with the plug. I believe that is a 1\4" or 3\16" socket or nut driver that you will need to screw it back on. If you have red or blue Locke TiteŽ, place a drop on the screw before replacing it. Oh yeah. Remove it from the socket first :thumbsup:

so where do i get a lock tite? like a hardware store?

thanks.

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 11 July 2006 - 09:18 PM

Walmart or most any hardware, or automotive store. Loctite blue would be best.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users