Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gotta Love This Bleeping Computer Site

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WilliamMBransford

WilliamMBransford

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:24 PM

I haven't fallen in love with a site this fast since 1997 in England where I was fighting a trojan that was holding my computer hostage on a British Telecom  dial-up connection  and discovered the miracle that was Trojan Remover.   I had to download the program on a thumb drive at work and bring it home, but since that day, I have been a believer in self-help and the wonderful kind of people who maintain sites like BleepingComputer.com.

We recently moved to northeastern Florida, to a place near a major city, but one where there is a waiting list for a DSL line with the only provider that serves my country neighborhood.   Sooooo, my ISP is a satellite company.   It is a 45 minute drive to the nearest Geek Squad, and I work from home, so my computers are very important to me, both for work and for all the friends who beat me at words, scrabble and WELDER.  

I am not a computer wizard, but rather a computer hoarder, my wife says.  She might be right.  I do have a few, with two PC laptops, in addition to the one my company provides me, two PC desk tops, and a brand new Surface Pro3.   I use a couple of my oldest PCs for specialized purposes only, like running some old CAD programs that don't like Windows 7 in my hobby workshop (woodworking).  There is a computer in most rooms of the house, not to mention the i-phones, i-pads, and miscellaneous Nooks and Kindles.    My network hosts about 6 terabytes of external hard drives, and I really need to look into getting a server some day soon.   Yeah, I know I could do most of what I do with a couple of machines, but don't talk to me about efficiency; I like the convenience of logging on where I am, and I am one of those guys who loves new toys a lot and his old ones even more.   I even have an old Apple 2e in the original boxes that I dig out from time to time when the urge to play "Wings of Fury" becomes overwhelming and I miss the whine of a dot matrix printer.. 

In keeping with the guidlines for this forum, I won't bore you with my problem except to say I found the answer to a challenge I have been wrestling with off and on since April right here on BleepingComputer.com, and it only took about an hour to download the solution and fix it.   You have come to a great place, I hope to see you all on other forums.

And happy birthday to all you users logged on to Bleepingcomputer.com on your birthday!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users