Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Do I Really Need This?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hey, all. Today I got a new 2 gig usb drive. It came with some "smart" software pre-loaded onto it:

I've done some reading on this stuff. I already have a laptop, and I see no need to keep this on my drive. Especially since it launches every time I plug in my drive, and slows down my lappy!!! I just want to keep videos and college files on it.

So, do I really need this? Will it make my life easier? Or should I just uninstall it? Input would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I've got Windows XP, Service Pack 2.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  • Local time:04:33 AM

Posted 10 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

If you are doing everything you need without the software installed, then I would said no you do not have to install it. The only software you would have needed would have be the drivers, but you said the drive work just fine plug and play.
I would not install the software.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users