Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Darkode hacking forum forced offline

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:02 PM

Darkode hacking forum forced offline - BBC News

QUOTE:
Darkode - anotorious hacking forum used by Lizard Squad and other cybercriminals - has been shut down after an investigation carried out by authorities in 20 countries.
"We have dismantled a cyber-hornets' nest... which was believed by many, including the hackers themselves, to be impenetrable," said one of the US state attorneys involved.
Twenty-eight people have been arrested......

.....The FBI added that dozens of other people linked to the site had been charged or had their property searched as part of the inquiry....

The Darkode Cybercrime Forum, Up Close — Krebs on Security

QUOTE:
Darkode began almost eight years ago as a pet project of Matjaz Skorjanc, a now-36-year-old Slovenian hacker best known under the hacker alisas “Iserdo.” Skorjanc was one of several individuals named in the complaints published today by the U.S. Justice Department.................

Iserdo was arrested by Slovenian authorities in 2010. According to investigators, his ButterFly Bot kit sold for prices ranging from $500 to $2,000.
In May 2010, I wrote a story titled Accused Mariposa Botnet Operators Sought Jobs at Spanish Security Firm, which detailed how several of Skorjanc’s alleged associates actually applied for jobs at Panda Security, an antivirus and security firm based in Spain. At the time, Skorjanc and his buddies were already under the watchful eye of the Spanish police.................

iserdoBFFsupportwhereareyou-300x235.jpg
Butterfly Bot customers wonder why Iserdo isn’t responding to support requests. He was arrested hours before.

MUCH MORE INFO IN LINKS ABOVE

Edited by buddy215, 16 July 2015 - 04:10 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hotLiverLips9

hotLiverLips9

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:52 PM

Great article buddy!  Thanks for the info. Applause for the good guys.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:54 PM

Wow! I read about this.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 PuReinSAniTY

PuReinSAniTY

• Members
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

well, that's one hacking website down...Countless others to go

they call me te java mayster

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

There goes that forum now time to shut down another!

Edited by CodeSmasha, 16 July 2015 - 12:09 AM.

#6 TechnicianOnline

TechnicianOnline

• Members
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:10 AM

I actually remember KMS from Tinychat, he was a very interesting person to say the least.

A Network isn't something you 'own' or 'have'; you may only wield it like the sword of Excalibur.

#7 TheJokerz

TheJokerz

• Members
  • 271 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:20 AM

Good news!!!

#8 Charlie_Delta1

Charlie_Delta1

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

Some should post the article telling the story about how thousands of NSA employees use the massive surveillance infrastructure to spy on americans for their own personal ends.  Oh, wait that's right, there IS not story about how criminals using an unconstitutional surveillance infrastructure are over-paid to commit criminal and unconstitutional surveillance on a free people.

How many NSA employees have gone to prison for violating the law?  The only one we ever hear about is Snowden.  What about the NSA employees that used their special powers to coerce lawmakers to pass the unconstitutional obamacare act.  Or gay marriage?

No one REALLY thinks those unconstitutional government over-reaches just happened naturally, do they?  The NSA exists for very definite reasons, and they have nothing to do with terrorism.

#9 Chris030

Chris030

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:04 PM

Wow, interesting! Thanks for posting!

I find this very very interesting! This makes me want to get into this IT sector (legal side of course). Where to start? ^^

#10 Charlie_Delta1

Charlie_Delta1

• Banned
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

I find this very very interesting! This makes me want to get into this IT sector (legal side of course). Where to start? ^^

Start with breaking into your neighbor's house when they aren't home, and then go about doing things like digging through their underwear drawer, and looking through their personal effects, and taking pictures for possible blackmail use later on down the road.

#11 Chris030

Chris030

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

Start with breaking into your neighbor's house when they aren't home, and then go about doing things like digging through their underwear drawer, and looking through their personal effects, and taking pictures for possible blackmail use later on down the road.

haha, nothing's better than a good laugh to start the workday! Thanks :D

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

And sadly it's back online folks.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/28/darkode_returns/

I wonder how much time it'll take to for the authorities to take it down this time.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#13 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:18 AM

Its on Onion network. With more stronger men at gate.:(
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,205 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

Well, the authorities managed to take down Silk Road so it's just matter of time for Darkode :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users