Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mega Sync Client Antivirus Warning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kayferz

Kayferz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

When attempting to download the Mega Sync client from MEGA I receive a warning from Symantec End Point Protection warning me that the file may not be safe. As far as I can see the Mega Sync client is safe to use, but wonder if anyone else has received this warning and managed to proceed without incident.

Many thanks

Kayferz

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:48 PM

Hi,
That may have occurred due to less number of users (for Mega Sync's new executable).
If you trust the program, you may add exceptions for it in SEP.
Which version of SEP are you using?
If you doubt the Mega Sync executable, please upload it to www.virustotal.com for scanning.

Edited by Nikhil_CV, 15 July 2015 - 08:50 PM.

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

#3 Kayferz

Kayferz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

Hi Nikhil

Many thanks for the advice.  I downloaded the file and installed without any problem or issue.   

Many thanks

#4 Nikhil_CV

Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

Glad to know. :thumbsup2:
Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users