Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Latitude 13 Battery

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikesmith13

mikesmith13

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

Hello. I have a Dell Latitude 13 laptop with a Li-Polymer battery rated at 11.1V and a capacity of 30WH. Its a T1G6P. I purchased this battery about 3 months back (OEM Dell original).  

Anyway what happened was, I left the computer in a bag for probably about 2 or 3 weeks as I was not using it because I got a new one. I wanted to put the Windows 10 preview stuff on this computer so I plugged it in assuming that it was dead anyway. I have not upgraded the OS yet. I backed up whatever data I needed and then noticed the battery icon for the percentage hadn't moved. It did say 13% and has since moved to 11%. Windows says plugged in but not charging. I figured it was the charger so I connected the charger of another dell laptop (same wattage and everything else) and still no charge. When the computer is disconnected, it dies after about 2 or 3 seconds. I have reconnected the battery and check all other connections. I have the computer open to the BIOS under power and it says the condition is normal and still at 11%. I will leave it like this for a while and hope for the best. Do you think that the battery is done for? 

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamingHaste

GamingHaste

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:06 PM

I would say that the battery is pretty much dead. It's the same for my brother's Compaq: 11% charge, plugged in but not charging, unplug... dead.

You should be able to search up new Latitude 13 batteries on eBay or Amazon. Don't buy a battery directly from Dell, they're too overpriced.

#3 mikesmith13

mikesmith13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

Thats what I thought. Its a brand new battery basically and it cost $70 on eBay. I guess I will just have to try generics. 

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

Thats what I thought. Its a brand new battery basically and it cost $70 on eBay. I guess I will just have to try generics. 

Just curious... most things on eBay are not ' Brand New ' it may be new to you but are you sure it was sealed in a box when you got it?  If not .. then it wasn't brand new.

#5 mikesmith13

mikesmith13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:48 PM

I contacted the eBay seller and he is providing me with a new battery. :) Thanks for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users