Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 RTM/Boxed Retail Release date ??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sodicka320

sodicka320

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:28 PM

Hi

Itching to order my new desktop for home but determined to wait to win10 is available either to buy installed with new pc or purchase boxed separately .  I have searched a bit but all info seems to be about upgrading .

Would anyone have any idea how close to release either option would be available ??

Cheers Kev :cool:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Hi sodicka320 :)

According to the information we currently have, Windows 10 will be released in store as well on July 29th. The final build for the RTM have been picked and Microsoft is currently working on packaging it. You can read the article below for more information.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/15/8950481/microsoft-windows-10-rtm-date

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

The release date for the GA available Globally is July 29.  That same day or immediately thereafter new Win10 hardware & retail boxes of it can be expected to be available.  The RTM would go to OEMs sometime prior to the 29th.  Also, I believe, Office 2016 will be released & available @ the same time.  That I should double check... said info goes back a bit.

#4 sodicka320

sodicka320
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

Thanks Drew :)

Ps Just seen its now available to pre order from Scan in uk :)

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

I should hasten to add, Win10 will go out in waves, mostly so servers have some hope of coping w/ demand.  The 1st to begin receiving it are the Insiders, And Reserves, of course.  The caveat here is not everyone, everywhere, or retail shelves or OEMs... it will not be ALL, straight-way as of 29/7/15.  Yes, that is the official Launch date for the Windows 10 GA BUT, it is not being rolled out to everything, everywhere simultaneously on the 29th.  It begins on the 29th.

HP & Dell claim they will offer Win10 units on the 29th.  We'll see as RTM only went out this past week..

Yes, believe heard can be (pre)ordered, now, from a couple of online sources.

Edited by Drew1903, 18 July 2015 - 04:23 PM.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Well, downloading the upgrade to Windows 10, and buying a computer that comes with Windows 10 is two different things so I'm not surprised that they would start offering it on the 29th.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

Well, downloading the upgrade to Windows 10, and buying a computer that comes with Windows 10 is two different things so I'm not surprised that they would start offering it on the 29th.

Please, rephrase this or something.  Read it a few times to no avail.  Please, reword.  Thanks.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

HP & Dell claim they will offer Win10 units on the 29th.

Upgrading to Windows 10 from an existing Windows 7 or 8.1 installation is one thing. You need to download the upgrade from Microsoft's servers, hence why they'll do it as a progressive rollout.
However, HP and Dell are free to start selling computers with Windows 10 starting on July 29th without any limit since it'll already be installed on them, so it won't cripple the Microsoft download servers because there will be nothing to download.
Also so far the only website I've seen (Newegg.ca) showed Windows 10 being available for sale starting on the 29th, not before.

unite_blue.png

#9 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 08:11 PM

HP & Dell claim they will offer Win10 units on the 29th.

Upgrading to Windows 10 from an existing Windows 7 or 8.1 installation is one thing. You need to download the upgrade from Microsoft's servers, hence why they'll do it as a progressive rollout.
However, HP and Dell are free to start selling computers with Windows 10 starting on July 29th without any limit since it'll already be installed on them, so it won't cripple the Microsoft download servers because there will be nothing to download.
Also so far the only website I've seen (Newegg.ca) showed Windows 10 being available for sale starting on the 29th, not before.

Well, obviously pre-loaded machines have nothing to w/ downloading anything from any servers..  Blatantly obvious.  Beyond mention.

Nobody said OEMs were not free to have units on the shelf the 29th, that's again obviously the idea... it has been suggested there would be no hardware available by the 29th because of when the RTM went out to OEMs BUT, in spite of that HP & Dell say the will have machines on Launch day.
God knows why you are trying to pick @ what I said; I sure don't + what you said is so obvious, leaves whatever your point is completely hidden.
It can't be  from Newegg or where before the 29th.  Cannot be retailed (sold) before it is released which is happening on the 29th.  Previously all the was mention was PRE ordering... cannot ship or whatever until the 29.  Nor is this scenario anything new or peculiar to Win10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users