Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task Scheduler corrupt, User_Feed_Sync.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harryhh

harryhh

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

Win 7 Home 64 bit

Recently, I did a reinstalled/upgrade of win 7 over my existing win 7 in order to fix corrupt files.

Today, I tried to start Task Scheduler. It says User_Feed_Sync ( long number), and, the task image is corrupt or been tampered with. I can click on the little info window perhaps 20 times and a different corrupt task will be stated each time before I can finally get to Task Scheduler.

Such as:

Microsoft-Windows-DiskDiagnosticResolver

Microsoft-Windows-DiskDataCollector

WinSAT

Task UpdateRecordPath

etc., etc.

Because of problems with backup, I don't have any backups from before the reinstall.

I found the following on a web page, but am leary of trying this myself without guidence from someone with more knowledge. Perhaps there is another/better way to go about the repair.

----------------------------------------

The issue usually happens if the Task User Feed Synchronization becomes corrupt and keeps on popping up, recreating the Task may help in getting the issue resolved.

Method 1: Recreate the task by deleting the corrupted task.

a: Press Windows key + X

b: Then click Computer Management

c: Then click Task Scheduler

d: Now Expand Task Scheduler library

e: Now delete the corrupted task in the middle pane by right clicking on it and select Delete.

f: Now schedule a New Backup task and check if the issue persists.

Do not perform Method 2, if Method 1 resolves the issue. You can try Method 2 if Method 1 does not work.

Method 2: Delete the corrupt task.

a: Navigate to C:\Windows\System 32\Tasks

b: Now look for the User_Feed_Synchronization file and delete it

---------------------------------------

There is just a little more info on the web page.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-system/task-image-is-corrupt-or-tampered-with/a3f6481d-972c-46f3-a65d-9cb172179214?tab=question&status=AllReplies#tabs

Hmmm..... I unchecked the stuff about hidden files and did a search on 'Computer' for 'User_Feed' and didn't find any such file.

How can I fix my Task Scheduler?

Thanks,

Harry

Can't keep up with the computer stuff anymore. It's getting beyond me.  :mellow:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

When you installed over it, did you do a fresh wipe and reload? Or did you do a repair or system restore? 

#3 harryhh

harryhh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

I had run System File Checker.exe and some of my windows files were corrupt and couldn't be repaired.

My bitdefender antivirus was causing daily lockups and the only way to get out of it was to use the power button to turn the computer off. Must have done this over 50 times. As we all know, that creates corrupt files.

I did not wipe or format the C: drive. As I understand it, the repair I did is not the same as Startup Repair or any other repair. I had tried Startup Repair, and it seems to me another kind or repair from a boot disk. They didn't fix the corrupt files. I did not restore from my system image because it would have been corrupt also.

I followed a procedure that I have done in the past, perhaps on this same win 7 computer that I have now. ( I have a very bad memory) When following this procedure, I do remember that I have had a few problems before. Such as this time, afterward I couldn't make an image backup because Shadow Copy wasn't working. I had to go into some kind of services and enable it.

Below is the procedure I followed.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html

If your windows files are corrupt, it is supposed to do an install of windows 7 just as though you are doing an upgrade from an earlier OS version. All of the win 7 files are reinstalled, your setting ane files are preserved, and with an internet connection you get the updates. It works well, but not quite perfect.

Apparently, somewhere in this process, Task Scheduler has become corrupt. I have never really used Task Scheduler before and it may have been corrupt before the reinstall/upgrade of win 7. But, I did look at Task Scheduler a few months ago and it was working. I now have a need for the Scheduler. I want to delay my ethernet startup if that can be done.

The information in my original post says that I may have to delete a file User_Feed_Syncronization. Strange, I can't find such a file on my computer.

Can't keep up with the computer stuff anymore. It's getting beyond me.  :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users