Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2015", via TechNet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:31 AM

Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2015

14 bulletins have been released for this month's Patch Tuesday that affects Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office and SQL Server.These updates should be installed as soon as possible in order to keep your Windows system safe and secure. MS15-065 addresses a RCE exploit in Internet Explorer that was leaked from the Hacking Team's leaked data.

"Another "Hacking Team" zero-day surfaces - this time in IE, not Flash!", via NS

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

Some of those critical ones don't seem to be offered to users of certain types of system. I haven't noticed anything for 066 or 068 being offered to me. I have had a lot of security updates offered to me today, all of which I installed, but I didn't notice these amongst them.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

You need to check in each bulletin which version of Windows are targetted by this vulnerability and the update :) I installed all of them yesterday and it was around 1GB.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:34 AM

Took another look, I got KB3065822 for the first one, nothing for that second one (as I don't run an old version of IE or any of the operating systems listed), KB3067904 for the third one, nothing for the fourth one (perhaps hyper V isn't installed within windows 8 on my windows 8 computer). I haven't used the windows 8.1 machine for a few days so haven't checked for it yet, I'll do that first thing the next time I turn it on.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

If you have Windows 8 or 8.1 core (normal), then the Hyper-V update won't apply to you. It's only available on the Professional and Entreprise editions.

unite_blue.png

#6 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,895 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

That explains it then, thanks.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Topic Starter

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,203 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

No problem. Since I have Windows 8.1 Professional on top of Hyper-V enabled, I did get that update :P

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users