Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem when starting up computer.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kennethnggg

kennethnggg

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:30 AM

I have previously posted this problem in here. I was asked to try my luck here instead. So here's a copy-paste of what has happened:

-----

I though it might be easier if i take a short video to explain my problem.

So whenever I start up my computer, it will load up and enter this blue screen (at 0:17). Following which, I would press the Esc button and it will reboot and enter the bios menu. After I exit from the bios menu, the computer will restart and my computer will load normally. There are no other issue other than this.

This problem occurred after about 2 months after I built this computer with the help of a friend.

I have tried the start-up repair mentioned by usasma in the thread but it did not work. Also, I noticed that the blue screen that i have is the same shade of blue as the repair screen options when i try to do start up repair. During that blue screen, it "flickers" when i press the enter button.

I'm on windows 8.1.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

It almost looks like a crash screen you would get upon a failed overclock.  On the bios screen choose F7 ' Load Optimized Defaults ' save and exit. Can you provide a speccy post the link just in case something obvious pops out.

See if that resolves it.  If not we may want to start checking Memory 'memtest86' Hard drive Gsmartcontrol  (scroll down to the windows install) and then check  windows system files ' SFC scannow '

#3 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

I would agree, it looks like a board problem.  You might unplug your hard drive and try and see if it will at least take you to a boot from cd prompt.  If it does then you can narrow down the bad parts list to the hard drive.  If not it is most likely a bios setting.  Also you might check and see if your hard drive type is set as IDE or AHCI. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users