Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanscam App / Browser Conflicts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bhzmac1

bhzmac1

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

Recently purchased a Wanscam HW0027 and I am having a couple of issues - I have it set up on my wifi network and have configured settings using Firefox (chrome wont run it due to not supporting the plugin and the Wanscam software wont find the cam in the search tool or connect to the cam if I enter the ip manually) I have set up the following features:

- Record to SD card on movement detection, detection set to 2 zones 

- Email to my work email via Gmail x 3 pics when movement its triggered

These settings work until (i think) I use the E View 7 App to view the live steam to which at some point the motion detection is disabled without me touching the settings in the app. I can reselect the motion detection in the app but it reverts back to not using zones and alerts to movement in the entire image. Tried redoing the settings in firefox many times and it seems each time i run the app it knocks off the motion detection.

Other bugs with the app:

- I can not playback recordings from the SD card - you can see them but they never load (does work in firefox on my LAN)

- Live feed does not work on my work wifi  

Should I be looking at using another app or is something in the settings conflicting? All I want from the app is to view the live steam and playback the SD card footage I dont really have a need to change the settings once they have been configured to do what I need.

My phone is a Samsung Note 3 and the laptop on the home network is running Vista.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bhzmac1

bhzmac1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:35 AM

My work system blocks P2P connections so that explains why I can not access live feed via E View7.

I wanted to set up port forwarding at some stage anyway - but would like to get to the bottom of the conflicts between the app and browser.

#3 barothiya

barothiya

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:22 AM

I am also in a installing process of my HW0024 IP camera. It is not detected by my computer via  Wanscam search tool.

It works with e-View7 after reseting, When i installed a "Sandisk SD card" it shows  available  memory space is zero, I am also fighting with the email sending problem when triggrer or motion detection.

Edited by barothiya, 16 February 2016 - 03:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users