Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Corrupted Windows Media Player 12 missing all id tags

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 riemer46

riemer46

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

I run Windows 8.1 64-bit with Windows Media Player 12.  Media Player was hanging alot, so I ran the Media Player Library Troubleshooter from Microsoft, which said my library was corrupted.  I applied the fix, went to the Media Library folder, erased the folder, and re-opened Media Player.  BUT, as it rebuilds my very large library, it puts MOST of my music in an "Unknown" folder.  All of the files in that "Unknown" folder have no id tags, no album title, no contributing artist etc.  However, I also have MediaMonkey, and all of my music files are normal in that library and have all their id tags. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled WMP several times and the same thing happens...I have also tried a System Restore, but WMP still puts nearly everything in an Unknown folder.

How can I get my very large media collection back into Windows Media Player with all of the necessary information???

Attached Files

Edited by riemer46, 15 July 2015 - 03:45 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tim De Baets

Tim De Baets

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

What's the file type (or types) of your music files: MP3, WMA, WAV...?

#3 riemer46

riemer46
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:08 PM

Its all MP3s....i've done a refresh of windows 8.1 and after two similar attempts at rebuilding my library....WMP has now rebuilt everything with all the correct info.  Only a few Albums ended up "unknown".  Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users