Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows update keeps failing, virus the cause?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kiston

kiston

• Banned
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

comp had zeroacess rootkit aswell and im beginning to think a worm or something. i formatted comp, and without updating windows i went online stupidly, got infected to my surprise and formatted again, thinking ill strictly download from trusted sites.

without updating windows as my first priority again, i downloaded scanners and produced possible rootkits, as well as random proxys and my avg is constantly blocking outwards connections to randoms addresses. seems all cleared, besides the random proxys, except when i installed all my windows updates theres like 10 that WILL NOT INSTALL no matter what, ill select install the 10 imp updates, and it'll go as far as to say completed, then when i check for them they are all still there needing to be downloaded. i formated my laptop and installed all the security updates first before going onto internet explorer, theres no 10 missing updates. im thinking a virus or some malware is screwing with me, if i troubleshoot the problems, it attempts to cehck for updates, says its ok, then the process has restarted. reason im thinking its a virus is because all the updates are security updates for windows :o seems like all the computers in my house have problems, especially with the windows updates, this laptop being the first to install all?

error i get from chrome just now trying to install manually

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from update.microsoft.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is update.microsoft.com; its security certificate is from www.update.microsoft.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to update.microsoft.com (unsafe)

Edited by computerxpds, 14 July 2015 - 07:14 PM.
Moved to AII from AV/AM software forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

I recommend we get a deeper look. Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users