Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't figure out constant USB removal beep!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Scott3232

Scott3232

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:25 PM

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron desktop computer running Windows 7, 64-bit.  I can't figure out why I keep hearing the USB removal beep tone.  I know I can disable it, but I would rather figure out what's causing it and fix it...

I am running a Netgear Wireless Adapter for my internet as the room where my computer is in does not have any way to go wired...  I went through all of the devices and none of them appear to have an outdated driver...

Any other ideas on what could be happening?

Thanks,

Scott

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Type in device manager in your start search bar.  Open it up and look for any yellow question marks.  If there is any screenshot it for us. 

#3 Scott3232

Scott3232
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

I opened everything and there are no yellow question marks.

#4 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:07 PM

Do you have a card reader on the front of your machine?  Try unplugging every single usb for a minute and see if it does the same thing.  Also have you restarted it recently?

#5 Scott3232

Scott3232
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:48 PM

I have 2 USB inputs on the front of the machine.  1 is the Wifi Adapter and it feels somewhat loose from side to side.  I wonder if the cleaning lady bumped it with the vacuum.. It's still straight in though... The other USB is my camera cable.. I transfer photos daily from my camera to this computer for business so I leave the USB cable plugged in and then attach the camera when I'm ready to transfer.

#6 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Ok unplug them both and see if it continues to make that noise.  If one is really wiggly that normally a bad sign try switching the two. Put the wireless adapter in the camera cords spot.  

#7 Scott3232

Scott3232
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

I swapped them and it did it again... I wonder if there's an issue with the adapter since it's wiggles.. perhaps there's a short in it?

#8 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

Unplug the adapter and leave just the cord. If it still beeps then its something else.  Did you ever unplug them both? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users