Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

/////////////////////////////////////in all search boxes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 hag6

hag6

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi
 My Pc (system self built PC Win 7 64) seems to be taken over.

When using Firefox or IE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ get "typed" into the address bar and/or the search box of the search box. It also occurs in the windows search box and at the same time the start panel icons disappear. Also a red bar appears in the left bottom of the screen with \\\\\\\\\\\\\\.

The problem comes and goes. It seems to be random.

I have scanned with Malwarebytes, Kaspersky IS 2015 and Combofix but the issue is still there - even when not connected to the internet.

I have posted my Combofix log for your perusal.

Many thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 July 2015 - 09:42 AM.
deleted CF log.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

ComboFix logs are not allowed outside Malware Removal Logs forum.

You also posted in Am I Infected but did not include the log in that post.

Alex replied with instructions to follow the prep guide for MRL and to also post the CF log.

This topic is closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users