Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mouse & keyboard stuck on login screen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheDaniel

TheDaniel

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

dear bleeping computer,

how are you guys?....

here's my story why i need help: so my uncle asked me to repair his very slow acer laptop, so i said why not?

i got it, directly got to ssafe mode caus it was very slow, downloaded malwarebytes anti-malware, ran a scan and it found 7028 threads .... it took long enough to delete maybe 6497 threads and then it shut down(because the charger didnt get electricity) then i restarted in safe mode ran the scan again and found threads between 300 or 400 in numbers. it took hours to quarantine them, fell asleep and in the morning, the safe mode worked fine. so i geussed why not go to normal mode, when all the threads where removed. did that and till now mouse & keyboard freezes when starting up and seeing the cursor. it  gets stuck at login(where you have to), so i cant login or go to explorer to do anything, please i need help.... i dont got any backup cd's orso because he lost everything and its an old pc..... i'll try to upgrade it to window 7 maybe after it's repaired...

hope there is help

regards,

Daniel

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:23 AM

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

#3 TheDaniel

TheDaniel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:45 AM

try an external mouse and keyboard with USB,

if you dont have anything on it that you need backed up or saved, i would create a bootable vista install CD or usb drive and re-install vista using your current productkey/id

ok tried external and it worked....

how do i make a bootable vista cd/usb drive?...

is there also another way maybe?....  just to make the touchpad(for the cursor) and the keyboard on the laptop work?

thanks for the reply Mikey11

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

you can download a vista install ISO file.....google vista ISO

then use a program like Rufus to create a bootable cd or USB stick using the ISO file

again, google Rufus

Edited by mikey11, 14 July 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#5 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Backup next time to be safe when this thing happens again. Things get old and needs to be replaced. Maybe you could fix it and ask your uncle to sell in order to buy a new one which is faster than the old one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users