Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"11 Tips and Tricks for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10", via HowToGeek

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:59 AM

Windows 10 includes Microsoft Edge, which replaces Internet Explorer as the default browser. Edges interface has been rewritten from scratch, and it sheds Internet Explorers old interface and all that clutter.

Expect more from Edge in the future as Microsoft continues adding features to their new browser. In particular, browser extensions will be arriving at some point, making Edge more competitive with Chrome and Firefox.

11 Tips and Tricks for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

I thought this would interest a few users here.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

thanks for tips as we know windows 10 will be available from July 29th and as per first time user of windows 10 we need much information to run windows smoothly

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:52 PM

Change default search engine doesn't work.  It's greyed out.  Rocky Bennet's solution was to change the webpage to Google, then pin it.  Great idea, to bypass a 'feature' which doesn't work.  All the features in Edge are useless. I can already do those things with the more attractive and functional, Firefox.  Moreover, the latter will let me override fonts and colors in webpages, size the text better than mere zoom (zoom text only, not the already-too-big pictures), better phishing and other protections, wallpapers I can create for the background of the browser, etc.  Did videos showing these features here and here

No more Edge ugly sterile black unreadable or white unreadable.  And, Firefox works in Win10.  First thing I used Edge for, was to get my SYNCHED Firefox onto Win10.  Because Synched, it has the same look, bookmarks, everything on each machine, whether Linux or Windows.  So I only have to change it once.  Bookmarks and other data can either be merged or selectively omitted, overridden, at user's sole discretion.

Edited by brainout, 14 July 2015 - 01:02 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

Edit, update:  Rocky's solution is the only way to get rid of that horrible msn default.  I finally had to use it, to disable those awful ads, in build 10240, supposedly the RTM.  But then I'll never use that awful and useless Edge for anything, it cannot do even 10% of what you get in Firefox.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users