Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port Forwarding with LAN proxy settings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mohm

Mohm

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:27 AM

I can work myself through this though I'm still new to it, so please bare with me.

I am currently in the same case as the person from this old thread I found through Google:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280176/connecting-to-wireless-router-admin-panel/

I had the same issue but I got my solution through the thread and I managed to access my admin panel. My ports are for the Steam Client, when I log in the Steam Client it tells me it could not connect to the Steam network. I have access to the port forwarding page, and I setup the ports I needed, but when checking these ports with a port checker like http://www.canyouseeme.org/ it told me it "could not see my service on ~IP~".

My question here is, is it even possible to port forward in situation such as mine where I am required to setup a proxy server setting in order to get internet access? If so, how?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Mohm, 14 July 2015 - 03:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:54 AM

I think you're going to be out of luck because of the proxy. If the proxy doesn't forward the ports to your router you can't forward them to your computer.

#3 Mohm

Mohm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:29 PM

I think you're going to be out of luck because of the proxy. If the proxy doesn't forward the ports to your router you can't forward them to your computer.

Ah, yeah I thought so.

#4 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:18 PM

You shouldn't have to port forward anything. Those ports opened automatically by the client as needed. Unless you are Hosting a game server then you need to port forward. If you use ipv6 only that might be why you can't connect.

#5 Mohm

Mohm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:21 PM

You shouldn't have to port forward anything. Those ports opened automatically by the client as needed. Unless you are Hosting a game server then you need to port forward. If you use ipv6 only that might be why you can't connect.

It seems my client just doesn't connect to the internet, while I still have access to other sites.

How do I know if I'm using ipv6 only? And how can I change that?

#6 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:38 AM

Can be something going on with the network card setting or router. Go to cmd and type ipconfig. You should see both ipv4 and ipv6.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users