Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HUHD 2.4Ghz wireless headset not turning off?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kadon Alastyre

Kadon Alastyre

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:19 AM

I literally just got this headset today.
It cut out while I was in the middle of a Skype call.

The blue light on the headset is on, but the Transmitter is blinking.
It won't turn off.

It won't pair.
It won't sync.
I've tried plugging it into different USBs on my computer, even trying external usb ports, but still, nothing.

Anyone have a clue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Did you ever install the drivers from it? Sometimes the driver helps control things that it shouldn't matter. 

#3 Kadon Alastyre

Kadon Alastyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

Did you ever install the drivers from it? Sometimes the driver helps control things that it shouldn't matter.

I uninstalled the drivers and reinastalled them multiple times, but still, nothing.
I'm also waiting for the headset to die completely, and its still on.
I've had it off the charger since earlier this morning.

#4 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

Sounds like a defective headset I would get a hold of them and try to rma it. Or if you just bought it contact the seller. 

#5 Kadon Alastyre

Kadon Alastyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:10 AM

Sounds like a defective headset I would get a hold of them and try to rma it. Or if you just bought it contact the seller.

So it finally died, and I started charging it. It works fine. Should I keep it, or should I try to return it..?

#6 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:59 AM

I would see if it will do it again. Normally if something like that happens, it will happen again.  You might check the rating on that model and see if others are having similar issues. 

#7 Kadon Alastyre

Kadon Alastyre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:55 PM

I would see if it will do it again. Normally if something like that happens, it will happen again.  You might check the rating on that model and see if others are having similar issues. 

I have. So few people have this headset, it's hard to get a feel for what could go wrong with it.

#8 Rshaw

Rshaw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

I bought these for my son for Xmas and we just hooked it up to his ps4. Had to shut if and restart ps4 for it to recognize the headset. Just getting ready to hand it over to my son but tried the volume control first. It started beeping in the earphones and the headset won't shut off. Tried to connect USB to headphones to see if that would do it but nope. Now it won't respond at all. $50 down the tubes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users