Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I stop/remove Win 10 preinstall files?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Article_86

Article_86

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:50 AM

I have signed up for nothing, nor agreed to anything (knowingly) but I am concerned that Win 7 updates are 'prepping' me for the win 10 upgrade.  Rather than MS having my interests in mind, I've been forced to scrutinize every update that is offered so I have turned Automatic Updates off.  I caught the KB 2952664 update and have hidden it, but I am wondering if there are other such "updates" out there that will force/nag me to "upgrade"?  This is really getting scary as to the ends that MS will go!

- Art

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DAVID SHELDON

DAVID SHELDON

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:05 AM

http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/how-stop-windows-10-upgrade-downloading-your-system

check this link .

#3 Article_86

Article_86
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

Very nice, David.  Thank you .

- Art

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 PM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

KB3035583 is the update in charge of the "Get Windows 10" app. It's the one you need to install to reserve your copy of Windows, and it's one of its processes that will download the Windows 10 upgrade once it becomes available on July 29th. However, once downloaded, you will not be forced to upgrade. You'll be notified that the upgrade is ready but you are the one who will decide when you want to upgrade. So you can decide to download it right away, but upgrade only a week before it's been a year since the release.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users