Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Aspire v5-131 touchpad scroll not working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:29 PM

I've been googling and I see notes on downloading drivers but how do I know which drivers to download? 

It's running Windows 7 home premium.

thanks for any help!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

If the complete model # is provided (there is more); I'll try to find the correct driver.

:)

Edited by bludgard, 14 July 2015 - 01:57 PM.

#3 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

great, thanks!  here's the entire model #  Acer Aspire NX.M89AA.009;V5-131-2680

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:24 PM

actually, I got online with Acer support and it was not the driver at all. for some reason, the box was unchecked for vertical scroll in mouse properties?? so it's fixed now.

Acer's quality has really gone downhill in my opinion. This is my fourth Acer and it's just okay. I chose this brand because I've had good luck with it. I ordered this same machine from one place and it did not work. I could hear the hard drive humming but nothing happened on screen so I sent that one back. got the exact same machine from another place and while I do love the keyboard and how fast it is, I do not like this touchpad design or feel.  and oh yea, not to mention the scroll feature was turned OFF! ah, the wonders of computers. editorial comment over.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

:blink:

Why didn't I think of that...? Seems that every acer machine that has come this way does in fact have scrolling and other advanced features disabled by defaut (especially with fresh OS and driver installs).

Just goes to show that sometimes the easy fix can be elusive and maybe we tend to over-complicate (computing machines tend to do that to me).

Good job, mate. Surely there will be many that search and hit on this post: To them I say "Howdy" and to tobeo, thans for posting results and bringing the obvios first trouble-shooting step to the foregrund.

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

:blink:

Why didn't I think of that...? Seems that every acer machine that has come this way does in fact have scrolling and other advanced features disabled by defaut (especially with fresh OS and driver installs).

Just goes to show that sometimes the easy fix can be elusive and maybe we tend to over-complicate (computing machines tend to do that to me).

Good job, mate. Surely there will be many that search and hit on this post: To them I say "Howdy" and to tobeo, thans for posting results and bringing the obvios first trouble-shooting step to the foregrund.

Yea, i was looking around in the mouse settings in control panel and never clicked on "options". the answer was in there. interesting what you say about Acer defaults. This is my fourth Acer and never has the scroll on the mousepad not worked.....until now!! so another interesting tidbit to tuck away in the recesses of my brain....where it gets dusty :D

you're welcome, glad to help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users