Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Videos not playing in Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:01 AM

Apparently, downloading the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (with the link Alex provided) will remove the block.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#17 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

I had previously tried updating Adobe Flash directly from Adobe on their Website and that got the Adobe Flash Blocked by Firefox! I also tried updating it by checking to see if the "Plug ins" and "add-ons" in Firefox were up to date and then clicking on "Update Now" which took me to the Adobe website to download the "latest Version" But each time I did it those ways It still resulted in Adobe Flash being Blocked!  But when I used the link provided by Alex, it cleared the block!

Thanks for the clarification Aura!

Wish someone could explain why using the link to download the update for Adobe Flash removes the block. Would help remove some confusion and also help in understanding how "Things" work! Instead of:  :smash: !!  LMFAO  :hysterical: 

#18 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

I cannot really say. Maybe the standard Adobe Flash Player download page wasn't updated to 18.0.0.209 while the direct download links from the Distribution page posted by Alex were.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#19 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

Condobloke,

Thanks for the advice, that seemed to have done it.

I changed the "media.mediasource.webm.enabled" from false to true and walla YouTube videos now play. 

Also, thanks for the oterh advice, Firefox seems to have chaged flash to off by default which has caused this problem. This advice straightened it out.

Thanks!

Edited by Johnz414, 16 July 2015 - 04:54 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

#20 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,670 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

You're welcome Johnz :)

unite_blue.png

#21 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,032 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

Always a pleasure John.

Interesting that this topic seemingly veered away from your initial problem......and then back again !

Glad it worked for you.

Brian

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#22 Earsishi

Earsishi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:33 AM

Visit https://www.youtube.com/html5 to check whether your firefox supports html5 players that YouTube uses. If not, you need to update  Mozilla Firefox to the latest. 

Clear the browser cookies, caches and history and restart YouTube. 

1. Click the menu button 2014-01-10-13-08-08-f52b8c.png  and choose "History" to clear history. Choose "Clear cookies and stored data" to remove cookies.
  2. Then choose "option"
  3. Select the "Advanced" panel
  4. Click the "Network" tab
  5. In the "Cached Web Content" section, click " Clear Now" to clear cache.

#23 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:29 PM

WOW, this post got a lot of attention? I guess it was a big issue at the time.

Anyhow, it's long been resolved with your suggestions and now I am on Windows 10 on a new build and haven't had any issues of this kind sense then.

I would say it's resolved!

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I hope they have helped others with this issue!

Edited by Johnz414, 31 May 2017 - 01:33 PM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users