Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not able to access admin$ share from any other computer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dougancil

dougancil

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

I am trying to gain access to a Win7 machine and can't access the default share on c. I have disabled the firewall, made sure that security policies have been turned off, disabled simple file sharing, added this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.

Create a DWORD value called LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and assign it a value of 1.

and when I attempt to connect to the drive I get a network related error: 0x80070035 network path not found. I have also disabled all of the anti-virus and anti-malware software on this machine. Has anyone been able to find a solution to this issue?

Thank you

Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,726 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

FWIW:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/028a3d13-f571-49e0-abe7-1ca61fb92082/error-code-0x80070035-the-network-path-was-not-found

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-networking/network-error-0x80070035-the-network-path-was-not/a0033200-5d96-40a7-abc6-e243921206bd

Moved from Win 7 to Networking.

Louis

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

Just to be clear you're trying to access \\Win7Machine\C$, correct?

Does the Administrator account (or another account with local admin rights on the Win7 machine) have a password?

Have you tried:

NET USE S: \\WIN7Name\C$ /user:Admin password

Where Win7Name is replaced with the Windows 7 machine name or IP and Admin is an account on the Windows 7 machine with local admin rights and password is the password of that account.  If the name doesn't work have your tried the IP address?

#4 dougancil

dougancil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

Kilroy,

Thanks for the suggestion and I've tried that both IP and name and the problem definitely appears on the receiving end. I also tried the username and pwd combo you suggested with no better luck. When I run Windows diagnostics on the issue, I get the error "The remote device or resource won't accept the connection." At this point I'm kind of stumped as to what the issue can be. 

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

Check the firewall settings on the Windows 7 machine.  Try turning it off and attempting to connect.  That will tell you if the firewall is blocking the connection.

#6 dougancil

dougancil
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

The firewall is disabled. I've verified through NMAP that the proper ports are opened but when I try to connect via share, I still get the same error. 

#7 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:39 AM

Can you logon locally to this pc with administrator account?

If you go into computer management and shares is the c$ and admin$ shares listed?

You can't access either of these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users