Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NET Framework security patches installation problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 myym

myym

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

I am facing this issue with Net Framework 4.5.2 security patches that won't install through windows update.

kb3037581, kb3023224, kb303035490

I decided to download these files through Microsoft and manually install them, but it gives a message that "installation guide can not be used or it has been blocked by other conditions on the computer"

I wanted to ask how can I search/find out for what is eventually blocking for these installation.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 09:57 AM

Troubleshooting Blocked NET Framework

Louis

#3 myym

myym
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

Thank you for the link louis.

I noticed in that link you provided that there is version 4.6, is it wise to manually install this version upon 4.5.2?

Edited by myym, 14 July 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#4 blarg214

blarg214

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

If you are doing the updates through Microsoft Update tool.  Then you might try running this and retrying. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter I Haven't always had a ton of luck with it but once in a while it will catch a weird update gone wrong and will reset the updater altogether.  

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

Since I have had absolutely no issues with MS.NET or critical updates for it...I can't really say what you should do.  I just do the automatic critical updates, with no problems.

Louis

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:55 AM

.NET Framework 4.6 is still in a preview state (like Windows 10). So I would stick to 4.5.2, which is the latest official release for now and then upgrade to 4.6 automatically via the Windows Update once it gets pushed out. Follow the instructions below please.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator;
  • Check the following options:
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      wNeKMCX.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

FWIW:  Just a note...it's not necessary to install every version of  NET Framework that is released....the only reason it is installed at all is the fact that the various versions may be used by program developers in the building of drivers, programs, and games.

If a given program, driver, game..;requires a given version of MS.NET, it will be noted as a prerequisite for using said program/game/driver.

To install every version of NET...is somewhat off-the-mark, IMO.

Louis

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Plus, you wouldn't be able to install an older version of .NET Framework if you have a newer one installed. You cannot install .NET Framework 4 if you have 4.5 installed, it'll throw an error. Hence why if you want to install an older version of .NET Framework for whatever reason there is (since it's useless as Louis said), you need to uninstall all of them and install them from the lowest to the highest version.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users