Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is an acceptable temp for CPU, GPU and mobo?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:18 PM

My specs are in my sig. Are these temps OK?

Approximate temperatures with stock cooler:

CPU:

Idle: 35 degrees Celsius

Under Load: 60-70 degrees Celsius

GPU:

Idle: 27 degrees Celsius

Under Load: 40-50 degrees Celsius (maybe slightly higher if playing an intense game)

Motherboard:

Idle: 50 degrees Celsius

Under Load: Up to 70 degrees Celsius

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PeterMayson

PeterMayson

• Banned Spammer
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:49 PM

If by motherboard temperature means the chipset temperature then I can say your PC having really good condition. Nothing to worry about! Enjoy your great PC!

PS: if you are have doubts you can change the stock CPU cooler with something better and maybe look for the ways to improve air circulation inside your PC case.

Edited by PeterMayson, 13 July 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

Good! I built it 7 months ago.

EDIT: I don't mean the chipset, I mean the "mainboard".

Edited by gigapouch, 13 July 2015 - 02:14 PM.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 JerkyMcDilerino

JerkyMcDilerino

• Banned
  • 241 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:16 PM

May i ask what application are you using to confirm those temperature?

Since your motherboard doesn't have a heatsink, so those temperature your motherboard have are accept in my range, but can you do me a favor and run Cinebench R15 CPU benchmark? http://www.maxon.net/products/cinebench/overview.html( Scroll all the way down until you see " Download Maxon Cinebench") once you download and install that, i want you to runs it at least 3 times that will give you the correct temperature. Also, i want you to run Unigine heaven benchmark as well to test your GPU for accurate temperature (https://unigine.com/products/heaven/). After you download and install those two software, we are going to need a temperature monitor, so i recommend CPUID HWMonitor  (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html)

Notice, i want you to run " CPU " not " CPU Single core" on cinebench.

Edited by JerkyMcDilerino, 13 July 2015 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users