Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to uninstall CompatTel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Xirw

Xirw

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:23 AM

Hey everyone, I've been searching online on how to uninstall (properly) the folder in C:\Windows\System32\CompatTel 

and I've saw that you need to supposedly uninstall 2 different updates but I tried that and I still have that folder with all

it's files on my computer still. In fact, I checked installed updates again and saw the same damn update still installed.

Can somebody please help me nuke this POS tracking service off my computer?

Edited by Xirw, 13 July 2015 - 09:27 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xirw

Xirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:41 AM

Also tried to take ownership of the folder using 'system access elevation' and I still have a permissions denied message. The folder won't give me full control.

#3 Xirw

Xirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:10 AM

Nevermind I did it. Apparently its not enough to change the permissions of the CompatTel folder alone, you have to go inside and do each file individually.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users