Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can someone finally solve this problem??

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CraigWalsh

CraigWalsh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

Hi,

I'm a first time poster and was recommended this board by someone who said I should be able to get an answer here.

So I run a small news website which gets around 1,000 hits a day, it's run on a Drupal server and not through WordPress. Like a lot of sites we have the share buttons at the botom of articles - Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook etc and the number of shares the article it has got in each corresponding box.

However this is where I'm confused and hope someone can help...The shares on some stories show mroe than the actual number of hits. For instance one article after 1 week received around 350 unique hits but overall shares were close to 1,000! Am I being stupid here as I thought a share is when someone clicks on the story then presses the share button which goes onto their preferred social media platform so hits should always be more or exactly the same never less.

Would love to get an explanation for this as haven't found an answer yet

Thanks in advance

Craig

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users