Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gmail Notifiers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 terryco

terryco

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

I had a warning that suspicious activity had been detected and stopped on my Google account. I was told to change my password which i have done. I was also told to register with 2 step activation so if it happens again i would have a message sent to my mobile phone with a code in case of the activity being me and not anything suspicious. I had been using Gmail Notifier and Scotts Googlemail notifier, now both no longer detect messages in my inbox. I have inserted my new passwords into them and have also un and reinstalled them but still they dont work. I have stopped 2 step activation also tried a system restore. I posted on Google's forums but they haven't replied. I did notice on their forums, several complaints were made to say people were using Mobile phones, Tablets and Laptops in other Towns or Countries and its being picked up as being suspicious, and they dont want to change passwords.I dont want to cancel my Gmail account and start over again so if anyone can help i would be obliged. Thanks.

Edited by terryco, 13 July 2015 - 02:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 severac

severac

• Members
  • 872 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

Hello,

I also have troubles with X-notifier for Gmail. I typed my password but extension is not checking for new mails. I have to click on the icon of X-notifier and than it opens Gmail in new tab.

I also had that warning of suspicious activity, but only when I open Gmail on another devices, for the first time.

For exemple: I am using on PC my Gmail account, and than open it on mobile phone with different IP address. Then I receive mail that somebody is opening my account from different device and IP address and I can see informations about that device.

You should check that IP addresses.

More info: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?ctx=gmail&hl=en-GB&authuser=0

I would like to help you to remove malware. Let's look inside.   :busy:

But I don't know to solve all PC problems.  :smash: 

#3 terryco

terryco
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 14 July 2015 - 02:03 AM

Ok, I managed to sort the problem. I turned off 2 step varification and now my accounts are recognised. Its a shame Googles security doesn't seem to allow Notifiers on your PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users