Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do too many people ignore and neglect many including my threads on this site

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:10 AM

I have posted a few threads in the past and they get views but the viewers don't post anything. Many of them may be guests but some actual users of the site I noticed on my last few threads and they don't even care about my problems and it'll take me many hours to search for the answer online. It makes me feel so frustrated and angry because all I do for this site is when I have a tech problem I post a thread about it so that people can actually help me solve the problem and when someone asks about something I can help them with it and I recently did with a question someone asked about posting PC gaming footage online and I was very descriptive towards it and he thanked me. Don't any of you people want to receive the same thanks by helping others on this site. Also the only replys I ever get on my thread are written by myself. Also I notice a bunch of other threads that have very few replys on them but many views. This site has to be more involved with these threads and more caring towards these threads because people post about problems everyday and if they don't know how to fix it then they'll most likely never get that problem fixed until they have to eventually find the solution themselves which could take forever and could also lead them to a not very necessary and wasteful trip to a repair expert which may not be needed or could possibly cost money if they have to fix it for you. Here is the most recent thread I posted about a problem I have getting my 4.1 Bluetooth speaker system to get sound to work while PC gaming.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582570/help-me-having-trouble-with-bluetooth-speakers-when-pc-gaming/
By posting this link here I suspect that you people actually will help me with the thread in the above link and not be someone who neglects or ignores the above thread and you realize that I have an angry tone when I write all of this down on this thread which I believe that you should be reading and responding to right now and maybe you will also read and respond to the thread in the above link.

Edited by POKEGAMERZ, 13 July 2015 - 12:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,431 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

The Bleeping Computer site is simply a portal that gives interested volunteers the opportunity to devote their available time to assisting others with their troubles, without making any charge. Bleeping Computer hopes many, many people will benefit from this, and experience shows indeed they do. But the site can't make demands of the performance of volunteers, other than expecting them to respectfully offer advice to the best of their ability, and restricting the help in the official malware removal section to those who have completed the requisite course work in their training.

A lot of the views shown for topics will indeed be from visitors looking for answers to their own problems, bots & search engine spiders (it's not unusual for a topic to show 5 or 6 views almost as soon as it is posted, whereas a topic I post in a private area of the forums doesn't show this) and most topics will be read at some point by Moderators to make sure there is no problem with the content. But a Moderator may not be an expert on that topic. Other members who may have looked can also have not thought they had an answer, but there's no value in them cluttering the topic saying they don't know.

So we hope someone with expertise on your topic(s) will soon respond, but there's no way to say whether it may occur in the next hour or be longer. I simply hope you will understand that we cannot whip volunteers because they haven't answered particular topics.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

The Bleeping Computer site is simply a portal that gives interested volunteers the opportunity to devote their available time to assisting others with their troubles, without making any charge. Bleeping Computer hopes many, many people will benefit from this, and experience shows indeed they do. But the site can't make demands of the performance of volunteers, other than expecting them to respectfully offer advice to the best of their ability, and restricting the help in the official malware removal section to those who have completed the requisite course work in their training.

A lot of the views shown for topics will indeed be from visitors looking for answers to their own problems, bots & search engine spiders (it's not unusual for a topic to show 5 or 6 views almost as soon as it is posted, whereas a topic I post in a private area of the forums doesn't show this) and most topics will be read at some point by Moderators to make sure there is no problem with the content. But a Moderator may not be an expert on that topic. Other members who may have looked can also have not thought they had an answer, but there's no value in them cluttering the topic saying they don't know.

So we hope someone with expertise on your topic(s) will soon respond, but there's no way to say whether it may occur in the next hour or be longer. I simply hope you will understand that we cannot whip volunteers because they haven't answered particular topics.

When I post about viruses or necessary coding of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool I get help quickly but when I post about another problem such as the above link I get no replies. I even notice threads from 2004 that get no replies. I still am confused as to why people view but ignore and refuse to give advice to these threads.

#4 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,046 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:20 AM

There are a lot of topics I view, but I'm unable to assist because I'm unable to.  That includes the topic you have linked to.  I know nothing of bluetooth or gaming.  That could very well be the case with the others that have viewed the topic.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#5 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

As Platypus stated and i agree , i also peruse posts and if i cant assist with my knowlege then i dont post.

If i have an idea then i make a suggestion to let them know what may be the issue and that theyve been acknowledged.

Or i will suggest to post some stats until a better qualified person is available to assist them when they can.

I think there are to many scenarios to what works and what doesnt , but this is not the only Forum on the WWW , and i myself do use others as the like of Whirlpool.net.au or Win7 Forum , but my first port of call is Bleeping , also i get annoyed when people post and get 10 replies and the the OP never gets back to respond , so the question stays open , and no one knows if or any solutions worked - then its pointless.

It is what it is and patience`s will prevail.

Added Note : I d like to see a "SOLVED" quote on original Posting , then i have a choice of to view it or not.

Edited by Havachat, 13 July 2015 - 02:09 AM.

#6 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Just to let everyone know I solved the problem in the above thread that I posted above.

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,697 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:07 AM

I still am confused as to why people view but ignore and refuse to give advice to these threads.

Users don't give advice because they don't know anything about an issue or a question. It's not a crime to view a thread and not reply. I check a lot of threads everyday in which I don't reply, because I don't know the solution to the issue, but I still look at it to see what it is. You cannot really blame a person for that to be honest. We have Windows, Hardware, Apple, Linux, etc. Experts on BleepingComputer but they are still volunteers and they don't have the answer to every questions there is.

animinionsmalltext.gif
unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,431 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:21 PM

Just to let everyone know I solved the problem in the above thread that I posted above.

Thanks for describing the solution there, in case someone else has the same problem and they search and find your topic. :)

Top 5 things that never get done:

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,897 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

To elaborate on what viewed (views) actually means. Any one of the thousands of members and guests at this site during that time could have read your topic. In many cases, its likely they looked just out of curiosity. Only a small percentage of our staff have the qualifications and expertise to respond to a given topic subject matter. Non-registered members can only view topics...they cannot reply at all. Your topic can and would be viewed by anyone who happens to pass over it, stops and looks whether they are qualified or not. Thus, views are not quantifiable as potential assistance, only an indicator that someone looked at the topic and therefore any argument that a topic had so many views where no one chose to reply is not completely valid.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#10 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:59 PM

Sounds like somebody needs a  hug to me ... here you go ((((((((((((((((((((((((((POKEGAMERZ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  .. SO.. here is MY explaination to you had I read your post (which I am not sure I did or not but I am glad you were able to resolve it.

1.  Although I am computer techy I am not familiar with 'Bluetooth Devices' and how they operate with windows.  I know you can use them to pair a headset with a phone .. and thats all I know about Bluetooth.

2.  You posted this (bluetooth speaker) question in the gaming section instead of Computer Hardware / external hardware  I suspect any gamers (and I am a gamer) who saw your post simply did not have an answer for you .. I don't own one of those bluetooth speakers.. so .. it would be hard for me or anyone else who didn't own one to help troubleshoot it.  I suspect that people just didn't know how to respond to help you because they had no experience with it.   I see most people come to this site for computer help and help with infections.  This really has not been a heavily posted Gamerz site. 

3.  The first thing I do when I have a problem with something I bought is visit the manufacture's website to see if anyone else are having problems with the same device and what they did to resolve it and or do a web search.  This is a Logitech product for gosh sakes they have been around a LONG time AND have their own web forum so maybe you simply decided to post a question no one new the answer to and were asking the wrong people.  (Not that the people here are not knowledgable or helpful but they simply do not know the answer to your problem)

4.  Bottom line is don't take the fact that no one replied to a thread or two of yours personally .. people may simply not have an answer for you and .. as stated .. don't post the trollish ' I dunno' good luck with that !

5.  I hope your posting experience here at BC provides you better results in the future.  (but hopefullly you don't have any problems in need of posting either).

~Yeah

#11 POKEGAMERZ

POKEGAMERZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Sounds like somebody needs a  hug to me ... here you go ((((((((((((((((((((((((((POKEGAMERZ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))  .. SO.. here is MY explaination to you had I read your post (which I am not sure I did or not but I am glad you were able to resolve it.

1.  Although I am computer techy I am not familiar with 'Bluetooth Devices' and how they operate with windows.  I know you can use them to pair a headset with a phone .. and thats all I know about Bluetooth.

2.  You posted this (bluetooth speaker) question in the gaming section instead of Computer Hardware / external hardware  I suspect any gamers (and I am a gamer) who saw your post simply did not have an answer for you .. I don't own one of those bluetooth speakers.. so .. it would be hard for me or anyone else who didn't own one to help troubleshoot it.  I suspect that people just didn't know how to respond to help you because they had no experience with it.   I see most people come to this site for computer help and help with infections.  This really has not been a heavily posted Gamerz site. 

3.  The first thing I do when I have a problem with something I bought is visit the manufacture's website to see if anyone else are having problems with the same device and what they did to resolve it and or do a web search.  This is a Logitech product for gosh sakes they have been around a LONG time AND have their own web forum so maybe you simply decided to post a question no one new the answer to and were asking the wrong people.  (Not that the people here are not knowledgable or helpful but they simply do not know the answer to your problem)

4.  Bottom line is don't take the fact that no one replied to a thread or two of yours personally .. people may simply not have an answer for you and .. as stated .. don't post the trollish ' I dunno' good luck with that !

5.  I hope your posting experience here at BC provides you better results in the future.  (but hopefullly you don't have any problems in need of posting either).

~Yeah

The only reason as to why it was posted in the PC gaming section was because I wanted to use my 4.1 Bluetooth speaker system for PC gaming and it wouldn't work on PC games but it works now because I fixed it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users