Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung TV massive frustration

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 speer

speer

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:07 PM

I am running my Windows 7 64-bit rig on a Samsung un32eh5000f LED TV and I am getting many occasions every day where the TV display the "no signal" blank screen. This mostly happens at random occasions.

The only solution I have is to unplug the HDMI cable and keep it out for a few minutes then plug it back in and / or unplugging the TV to "reset" and restarting the computer. This sometimes solves it but not always and usually taking many repetitions of this process. It usually detects the PC but displays in a non-native lower res with another unplug / replug of the HDMI usually puts in back in to native 1080p.

I have the latest video drivers.
I have the latest TV firmware.
I have tried different several different HDMI cables.
The other dedicated DVI computer monitor works flawlessly with this PC.
I use a DVI to HDMI converter adapter with my graphics hard which connects to my TV.

MY RIG:

Q6600 @ 2.4ghz
p5k mobo
ASUS 260gtx
4gb ram

Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 12 July 2015 - 11:31 PM

Are you using HDMI1 input and have you set DVI PC mode in the Edit Name section?

(If you haven't used this function, press the TOOLS button in the Source List, choose Edit Name then DVI PC.) 

The user manual says use HDMI1 and:

"When connecting a PC to the HDMI IN 1(DVI) port with HDMI

to DVI cable, you should set the TV to DVI PC mode under Edit

Name."

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201404/20140404145756617/[UE4000-5000-ZC]BN68-04499B-02ENG-1022.pdf

Edited by Platypus, 12 July 2015 - 11:33 PM.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#3 speer

speer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

I am yes.

#4 Platypus

Platypus

• 14,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

Then really I think it's going to have to come down to devising some process to prove whether there is a definite fault in either the TV or computer, or if it's one of the occasional mystery HDMI incompatibilities that awkwardly do exist.

Considering that another monitor shows no problem with the computer, I'd suggest getting to thoroughly try the TV on another computer would be the best shot, although I also think getting the TV checked for bad electrolytic capacitors would be a good plan. Samsung TVs are well known for having capacitor problems, and when the effect is still mild, the symptoms can be unpredictable.

Top 5 things that never get done:

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

This has been a trouble many report but find the cure is to reset the TV.  These sets have a CPU and have to do certain reset routines to refresh an idle port. 

#6 speer

speer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

I will try the tv on another computer and report back. I have also tried reseting the TV in the past to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users